Updated COVID-19 Refund Policy for 2020 events
The deadline to request a refund within your account (May 15) has now passed. If you are seeking adjustments to your registration please contact us at email@example.com.
As stated in our latest email announcement, we have decided to cancel most of our event season. Each event we produce is extremely different when considering the amount of planning as well as the expenses we are unable to recover. Therefore, we have not made a blanket refund policy, but each event or package has specific refund options available.
The only paid events still moving forward as planned are the WA Bike, Walk, Roll Summit (September) and Chelan Tour Lite (October), those events are pending information on gatherings at those times. More updates will be available in late summer.
For updates, town hall meetings, and other information related to the pandemic please visit our COVID-19 resource page.
- If you would like to donate your registration fee, there is no action required and you will receive a tax letter when your donation has been processed. This will be after the May 15 deadline. You will receive a tax-letter for confirmation and filing purposes no later than June 15.
- All refund requests must be made by May 15, anything still in the cue will be converted into a tax-deductible donation.
- All add-on items are 100% refunded, no action needed
- This includes transportation, parking, packet mailing, merchandise, etc.
- Anything deemed non-refundable is able to be claimed as tax-deductible where allowed by law, details are included in each individual event refund policy.
- Every person paying for registration agreed to both the waiver seen here (read item 11-Force Majeure) and our refund policy here. While we are not obligated to return any of the funds received, we have done the best we can to pay the expenses incurred up to this point and return everything else to you.
Individual Event Policies:
the Information below is no longer valid due to event cancelations and COvid-19
Starting in 2019, Cascade will no longer be offering refunds for any event registrations or related items. We highly recommend purchasing independent trip insurance, to cover the unexpected.
All events and rides hosted by the Cascade Bicycle Club raise funding for our non-profit and for local communities. Proceeds support our education, programming like our Free Group Rides, and our local and statewide policy work. These world-class events help Cascade Bicycle Club improve lives through biking, by teaching the joys of cycling, and advocating for safe places to ride. We are mission focused here at Cascade, and we continue to make as many alternatives available to our riders as possible. We have researched standards and reflected on our values; compared to the event industry we believe our registration policies are balanced and generous. We try our hardest to be fair, while we ask our participants to remember we are a non-profit organization with a great mission.
While we no longer offer refunds for event registrations, we currently offer registrants the ability to transfer their registrations (for the same event) to another rider. Please see "How to Request a Transfer" below for details.) Transfers are the standard for the event industry, and we offer it for a few reasons. We have commitments and contracts to honor, and we need to ensure our organization is here every year, to continue advocating for riders and putting on the best events in the country.
Alternately, we offer the option to convert your registration and other registration fees including (packet mailing, bus tickets, parking passes, etc) into a donation. Requests to convert registration fees and associated add-ons to a donation must be received by the packet mailing cut-off date. No orders can be converted to a donation once an event has occurred, including day-of requests. To request this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Provide your order number(s) and the event for which you have registered. [Please note: donation conversions are not available for Multi-day Tours. Please see refund policy for individual Multi-day tours for more information.] Thanks for your support and understanding.
- Registrations are transferable, meaning registration can be transferred to another rider for a 10 dollar processing fee following Cascade procedure until online registration closes before the event (usually about a week prior).
- Gift Registrations and gift memberships are not eligible for refunds.
- The Cascade Season Pass and Summer Fun Pass are non-refundable and non-transferable.
How to request a transfer:
Transfers allow riders to give a paid registration to another rider. Transfers are only valid if completed through the Cascade Bicycle Club transfer process, outlined by the Transfer Policy Page. Please read and understand the policy fully before committing to the transfer process.
The sale of a transfer code is considered a private transaction, and the Cascade Bicycle Club is not responsible for any issues as such.
Key Major ride transfer dates
Up to 30 days before the ride or event, a registered rider may transfer their registration and cancel “add-ons".
- Chilly Hilly - Thursday, Jan. 23, 2020, 11:59 p.m.
- Ride for Major Taylor - Thursday, March 5, 2020, 11:59 p.m.
- Emerald City Ride - Thursday, March 19, 2020, 11:59 p.m.
- Seattle Bike-n-Brews - Friday, May 3, 2020, 11:59 p.m.
- Flying Wheels - Thursday, April 30, 2020, 11:59 p.m.
- Seattle Night Ride - Tuesday, May 26, 2020, 11:59 p.m.
- Seattle to Portland (STP) - Thursday, June 18, 2020, 11:59 p.m.
- RSVP - Tuesday, July 21, 2020, 11:59 p.m.
- High Pass Challenge - Friday, July 31, 2020, 11:59 p.m.
- Woodinville Wine Ride - Thursday, August 13, 2020, 11:59 p.m.
- Kitsap Color Classic - Thursday, August 27, 2020, 11:59 p.m.
Refunds: event merchandise is 100% refundable. This included cycling jerseys, shorts, and t-shirts purchased with your event registration. Please read the following for clarification on how to request a refund.
Up to 30 days before the event date: a registered user can request a refund from their cascade.org online account. Please follow the instructions below:
Sign in to your cascade.org online user account > Click View (link to the right of your registration) > Click Request Refund link in relation to your merchandise line item > Fill out the Reason for Refund Request field (optional) > Click Request Refund button.
Within 30 days of the event date - a registered user must request a refund by emailing email@example.com. Please provide your order number and the event for which you have purchased apparel merchandise.
Shipping & Handling: Please note, event apparel merchandise generally ships approximately two weeks before the respective event. Shipping and returns processing is handled by our merchandise partner, Kotis Design. Please note, your cycling apparel will arrive separately from your registration packet (if you purchased packet mailing).
Returns & Size Exchanges: If you would like to initiate a return (on received merchandise) or exchange of size, please contact Kotis Design directly. You can reach them by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 888-465-6847. Please provide your order number and event for reference.
Terms and conditions:*Please allow ten business days for refund processing. Once issued you will receive an automated confirmation email and the original credit card you used on the order will be credited. In the event that you have since replaced an expired/lost/stolen credit card, but your account is still active, we are able to find the newly issued card and successfully process the refund. Alternately, if the account of the original card is closed, please call the issuing credit card company to learn their policies regarding refunds to a closed account. We will not know the exact answer regarding your credit card, as it can vary. (However, in all likelihood, the issuing bank of the closed account will issue a check to you.)
tours and raw
Cascade Training Series
- Cascade Training Series (CTS): 50% refund if requested before Wednesday, March 7, 2019 30 days before series starts on Saturday, April 7, 2019.
- CTS is transferable during the refund period, though it requires two small additional fees. Please contact email@example.com for more information and support in this regard.
Classes and Camps
Cancellations must be received at least 7 days before the class start date to receive a refund, minus a $5.00 cancellation fee. Note: A full refund is available if the class is canceled due to low enrollment.
Youth Bike Camps:
Membership dues not paid in error are not eligible for refunds.