All events and rides hosted by the Cascade Bicycle Club raise funding for our non-profit and for local communities. Proceeds support our education, programming like our Free Group Rides, and our local and statewide policy work. These world-class events help Cascade Bicycle Club improve lives through biking, by teaching the joys of cycling, and advocating for safe places to ride.
We believe in community here at Cascade, and we’ve made as many alternatives available to our riders as possible. We have researched standards and reflected on our values; compared to the event industry we believe our registration policies are exceptional. We try our hardest to be fair, while we ask our participants to remember we are a non-profit organization with a great mission.
We currently offer a partial refund, within a specific time window, because we rely on event funding to continue our mission. While still exceeding the event industry standard by a mile, we offer a limited refund for a few reasons. We have commitments and contracts to honor, and we need to ensure our organization is here every year, to continue advocating for riders and putting on the best events in the country. Thanks for your support and understanding.
- Registrations are transferable, meaning registration can be transferred to another rider for a 10 dollar processing fee following Cascade procedure, until 30 days before the event.
- Registrations are non-deferrable (meaning they cannot be deferred to a future event or purchase on cascade.org).
- Gift Registrations are not eligible for refunds.
- A rider is eligible for a 50% refund for registrations and add-ons up to 30 days prior to any major ride.
- Thanks to our apparel vendor, event merchandise is 100% refundable. If you have already received merchandise, please return it in good condition to Kotis Designs. You may receive details by emailing [email protected].
- Both the Cascade Season Pass and the Summer Fun Pass are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- All events, CTS, RAW and tours purchased within 30 days of the event start are non-refundable.
- See the Classes and Camps section for the cancellation fee.
- See the Membership section for details regarding membership fees.
How to request a transfer:
- To be released winter 2017
Transfers allow riders to give a paid registration to another rider. Transfers are only valid if completed through the Cascade Bicycle Club transfer process, outlined by the Transfer Policy Page. Please read and understand the policy fully before committing to the transfer process.
The sale of a transfer code is considered a private transaction, and the Cascade Bicycle Club is not responsible for any issues as such.
How to request a 50% refund:
- Sign In to your online account
- Click "My Account" in the blue bar (top-right corner)
- Click the "Dashboard" tab (here you will see all upcoming rides/tours you have purchased)
- Click the "My Order" (across to the right of the applicable ride/tour)
- Click "Request Refund" link (across to the right of the applicable registration or add-on line item)
- Click the red "Request Refund" box to complete the submission
- You will receive a refund request confirmation in an automated email
The refund will be processed to the original credit card; we cannot credit another card. In the case of a lost/stolen/expired card, your card provider will automatically forward the refund to your current credit card. If a card's account is totally closed, please call the issuing company of the closed card to learn their policies regarding refunds to the closed account. We will not know the answer regarding your credit card. (However, in all likelihood, the issuing bank of the closed account will issue a check to you.)
Refund requests may take up to 10 days to be processed. We will e-mail you when the request has been processed. Please request all refunds on each item that you would like processed. We will not request the refunds for you.
Key Major ride refund and transfer dates
Up to 30 days before the ride or event, a registered rider may transfer their registration and receive a 50 percent refund of “add-ons” or receive a 50 percent refund of registration fees and a 50 percent refund of transportation, parking and other "add-ons."
- Chilly Hilly: Thursday, Jan. 25, 2018, 11:59 p.m.
- Emerald City Ride: Thursday, Mar. 8, 2018, 11:59 p.m.
- Ride for Major Taylor: Thursday, Mar. 22, 2018, 11:59 p.m.
- Seattle Bike-n-Brews: Friday, April 6, 2018, 11:59 p.m.
- Flying Wheels: Wednesday, May 2, 2018, 11:59 p.m.
- Woodinville Wine Ride: Thursday, May 10, 2018, 11:59 p.m.
- Seattle Night Ride: Tuesday, May 29, 2018, 11:59 p.m.
- STP: Thursday, June 14, 2018, 11:59 p.m.
- RSVP: Tuesday, July 17, 2018, 11:59 p.m.
- High Pass Challenge: Friday, July, 27, 2018, 11:59 p.m.
- Kitsap Color Classic: Thursday, Aug. 23, 2018, 11:59 p.m.
*No refunds will be processed after the respective deadline dates
- Cascade Training Series (CTS): 50% refund if requested before Wednesday, March 7, 2018, 30 days before series starts on Saturday, April 7, 2018.
- CTS is transferable during the refund period, though it requires two small additional fees. Please contact [email protected] for more information and support in this regard.
Washington Bike Summit
- Prior to March 30, 2018 registration is 50% refundable. There are no refunds after March 30, 2018. To request a refund, the directions are found at the top of this page.
- After March 31, 2018, please let us know if you are unable to attend by emailing [email protected].
If you register and then realize that you can no longer attend, you may transfer your registration over to another individual until March 30, 2018; after that we reserve the right to transfer the registration to a scholarship recipient. All you need to do to make this change is email [email protected] and we will be happy to take care of it for you.
Classes and Camps
Cancellations must be received at least 7 days before the class start date to receive a refund, minus a $5.00 cancellation fee. Note: A full refund is available if the class is canceled due to low enrollment.
Youth Bike Camps:
Membership dues not paid in error are a tax-deductible donation to Cascade Bicycle Club, a 501(c)3 nonprofit, and are therefore not eligible for refunds.