Your Streets, Your Say 2024
(formerly Advocacy Leadership Institute)
2024 Application Coming Soon
Your Streets, Your Say (YSYS) has historically consisted of two-weekend retreats focused on training advocates who want to be part of more walkable, bikable communities. To make our advocacy training more accessible to people across the state, it is now a virtual experience, and are excited to engage with advocates near and far through an online platform.
Between sessions, participants are encouraged to attend virtual community meetings, engage with other advocates and safe streets advocacy groups, and apply skills from the training. In addition to attending training sessions, all participants are expected to complete a small individual or group project that applies skills learned through the training.
- A fun, inclusive, and supportive environment to learn more about bicycling and safe street advocacy
- Weekly readings and event listings in between the retreats
- The opportunity to connect with elected officials, city planners, and community organizers
- Breakfast, lunch, and snacks were provided during the training
- Connections to YSYS alumni network and others in the safe streets advocacy field