The Latest From The Saddle
Filter News & Blog
Filter News & Blog
Wenmei’s Journey from Solo Cyclist to Ride Leader in One Season
- Wenmei Hill went from STP rookie to Ride Leader thanks to the Cascade Training Series.
- “CTS changed my life. I recommend it to everyone.”
A Chilly Hilly Preview–with Bainbridge Island Wine
- Chilly Hilly presented by REI Co-op takes place on Feb. 25. We took the ferry to Bainbridge Island to sample segments of the route–and enjoy some apres wine.
- Eleven Winery is a bike-loving vintner worth visiting whenever pedaling on Bainbridge.
Q & A with Lee Lambert: Cascade’s partnership with Western Washington Honda Dealers
- For the second year, Cascade Bicycle Club is partnering with Western Washington Honda Dealers and their “Drive Good” initiative
- We asked Executive Director Lee Lambert how the two organizations’ missions align and why this partnership is a win-win for both organizations
MTP Tacoma Students Help Rebuild Swan Creek Mountain Bike Trails
- Swan Creek Park in Tacoma has numerous beginner-friendly mountain bike trails
- Major Taylor Project students spent a day volunteering with Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance on trail maintenance and riding the smooth and flowy trails
Afrofuturism, Buffalo Soldiers, and Black History Month Bike Rides
- February is Black History Month.
- Learn about the bicycling Buffalo Soldiers, bike to the Afrofuture, or ride to the sites of MLK’s 1961 Seattle visit.
Get Electrified at Seattle E-Bike Expo!
- Test ride a wide variety of electric bikes at Cascade’s Seattle Bike Swap and E-Bike Expo on Feb. 3.
- In addition to the usual deals on gear and used bikes, we have expanded the E-Bike Expo to include more brands and styles to help you join the e-bike revolution.
Paving a Path Forward: Top Seattle Bike Wins of 2023–and our 2024 Action Plan
- Paving over the Ballard railroad tracks and finishing the Duwamish Trail are among the 2023 wins that were small in mileage but big in impact.
- The good news: 12 more miles of bike lanes are coming to Seattle in 2024.
- Now we must push a bold Seattle Transportation Levy that paves the way for a more bikeable city in the decade to come.