Rides Committee 2023
Rides committee meetings are 5:30-7:30 p.m. the last Monday of the month (except May - next to last Monday). Meetings are open to anyone. Contact the rides committee chair (Jeff Powers) if you have a particular item that you would like to be placed on the meeting agenda. The meetings are being held virtually, but we hope to return soon to the Cascade Bicycling Center (conference room) located at 7787 62nd Ave NE, Seattle, WA 98115.
Rides Committee Members
|Interim Rides Program Manager
|Members at large
For questions, comments, or concerns please contact the Rides committee chair
|Cascade Training Series (CTS)
|Ride Leader Professionalism
|Jeff Powers, Davíd Urbina
|Michael Boyer, Mary Hoshizaki
|Rides Calendar Monitor
|Davíd Urbina, Joseph Roberts
|Marlene Druker, Joseph Roberts, Jeff Powers
|Incentives and Awards
|Davíd Urbina, Jeff Powers
|Jeff Powers, Andy Williams, Joseph Roberts, Sharan Daniel, Greg Carroll, Marlene Druker
Rides Committee Member Requirements
The following are the minimum requirements for initial and continuing Rides Committee membership:
- Hold current Cascade membership
- Active Ride Leader posting a minimum of six rides a year; or serving as a Ride Director for at least six rides a year.
- Frequent participation in a variety of Free Group Rides posted and led by other Ride Leaders.
- Attend Rides Committee meetings held monthly, as well as Ride Leader meetings and Happy Hours held approximately quarterly (unless there are unavoidable circumstances such as illness, work requirements, or travel)
- Actively engaged in the Rides Committee business by serving on one or more subcommittees or task manager positions and participation in on-line discussions between meetings.
- Be prepared for Rides Committee meetings by reviewing material provided in advance.