The Rides committee is comprised of volunteer Ride Leaders and the Rides program staff. Interested in joining the committee? Contact us!
Rides committee meetings are 5:30-7:30 p.m. the last Monday of the month (except May - next to last Monday). Meetings are open to anyone. Contact the rides committee chair if you have a particular item that you would like to be placed on the meeting agenda. The meetings are at the Cascade Bicycling Center (conference room), 7787 62nd Ave NE, Seattle, WA 98115
Rides committee members
|Rides Program Manager||David Urbinaemail@example.com|
|Members at Large||Michael Boyerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
- Cascade Training Series (CTS) David Urbina, Joni Griffis
- Ride Leader Professionalism Shaun Ivory, Jeff Powers
- Marketing David Urbina, Brent Tongco
- OTS Rides Michael Boyer, Machiko Threlkeld, Mike Upsall
- Rides Calendar Monitor Mike Upsall
- RL Handbook Jeff Powers
- Rides Library Shaun Ivory
- Safety Shaun Ivory
- Newcomer Rides Coordinator Machiko Threlkeld
- Social Media Michael Boyer, Machiko Threlkeld
- Ride Leader Certification Andy Williams, Ride Leader Certification Coordinator email@example.com
- Certification Class Instructors John Weller, Jeff Powers, Patty Urton & Rick Urton
- RL Mentors Machiko Threlkeld
- RL Awards David Urbina
- RL Incentives David Urbina
- Rides Approvals John Weller, Andy Williams, Jeff Powers
- Waiver Processing David Urbina, Bruce Zunser
For questions, comments, or concerns please contact the Rides committee chair.
Rides Committee Member Requirements
The following are the minimum requirements for initial and continuing Rides Committee membership:
- Current Cascade Premium or Champion membership.
- Active Ride Leader posting and/or serving as a Ride Director for at least six rides a year
- Participate in a variety of Free Group Rides, including OTS, posted and led by other Ride Leaders.
- Attend Rides Committee meetings held monthly and Ride Leader meetings and Happy Hours held approximately quarterly unless there are unavoidable circumstances such as illness, work requirements or travel.
- Actively engage in the Rides Committee business by serving on one or more subcommittees or task manager positions and participate in on-line discussions between meetings.
- Be prepared for Rides Committee meetings by reviewing material provided in advance.