Registration Now Open
The Cascade Training Series (CTS) is a twelve-week paid training series created by Cascade Bicycle Club to help you prepare for longer endurance rides such as STP (Seattle to Portland) and RSVP (Ride from Seattle to Vancouver and Party) later in the riding season. You'll not only train physically; you'll also learn how to ride safely with a group on trails and roads, how to eat and hydrate properly, and learn some basic mechanical skills for common issues.
There are four pace groups offered in this series:
- Red at 10 -12 mph (leisurely pace)
- Yellow at 12 -14 mph (steady pace)
- Green at 14 -16 mph (moderate pace)
- *Blue at 16 -18 mph (brisk pace) [space added, registration re-opened!]
The rides in this series get progressively longer and include more elevation as the series progresses to help riders build endurance and stamina. This is an excellent way to get in shape, meet new friends, and prepare for longer rides in the 2024 season!
Registration opens at 10 a.m. on Feb. 6.
Together with the training series, you'll get these items and other services when you register:
- Rubber bracelet, compatible with the Classic ID Faceplate (13mm).
- A 20% off coupon code for any Road ID® product. We recommend purchasing a Road ID faceplate. Road ID is not required to participate in CTS, but is strongly encouraged.
- Participate in a Fix-a-Flat class, which includes a demonstration and practice on day one.
- Suggestions for cross training, strength building and additional cycling workouts.
- Several CTS seminars, which will include information on the training plan and additional cross training activities, nutrition, and tips to stay healthy as a cyclist.
- Laminated rider emergency contact card.
The Getting Ready to Ride (GR2R) series, found on the Free Group Rides calendar, is designed specifically to get you ready for CTS. The series will help you transition from a weekend rider out for a spin on the local bike path to a cyclist who can, by the end of the series, ride 25 miles on the roads with ease. GR2R will be offered at 2 different paces; leisurely (10-12mph on flat) and steady (12-14mph on flat). The routes are between 20 and 25 miles with a gradual increase in total accumulative elevation gain. The rides are both on trails and regular, biker-friendly roads. The rides start in February and run for 8 weeks. GR2R has start locations in Seattle, Eastside and south and north ends of Lake Washington. For details in the ride go to the Cascade Free Group Rides calendar.
Registered CTS riders will get access to restricted-access web links containing maps, cue sheets, and the master schedule for each pace group.
If you're a Facebook user, you'll also get access to private groups.
CTS has start locations all over the region. Each week rides start in a different location. We vary start locations so we can easily access different areas and terrains to ride. Ride start locations will include:
- Cascade Bicycle Club in Seattle
- Eastside locations