Seattle & 2 Bridges for Coffee
KEEPING RIDERS SAFE
- Advance registration required. If you decide not to ride, please click Cancel My Registration below to open space for others. (How to cancel)
- Attendance at the pre-ride safety briefing is required to participate in the ride.
- All participants must follow Wash. state guidance on masking, distancing and vaccination for indoor and outdoor activities.
- If you have tested positive for COVID or have been exposed to someone with COVID, follow the CDC quarantine and isolation guidelines. In general, if you have COVID or are displaying COVID symptoms, you should not participate in group rides.
- Some rides stop at indoor venues. All riders should have face coverings available in case a business or public transit requires their use.
- A CPSC certified helmet is required to be worn to participate.
- Click here for more Details
If you are new, please read our newcomer information.
Join us for a ride from Magnuson Park in Seattle on a 29 mile route at a Moderate pace (14-16 mph on the flats). The route will cross the SR-520 Floating Bridge to tour through the Eastside; we'll have our coffee stop at the Metropolitan Market on Mercer Island; we'll return via the I-90 Floating Bridge and back up through Seattle to our starting location. This is a mentoring ride for Anita Elder.
Let's meet at the parking lot just East of the Tennis Center in Magnuson Park (Parking Area W6) and please be ready to ride at 10:00. We will start with a required safety briefing, and roll out when that's done. If you miss the briefing you will not be able to ride with the group.
We will climb and descend hills at our own pace, and our goal will be to regroup occasionally. We'll also limit our speed on any multi-use paths to the legal maximum (usually 15 MPH).
Portapotty Restrooms are available at the start but not water. We’ll also stop for coffee/snacks at the Metropolitan Market on Mercer Island at mile 16.5. There are optional rest stops on the way out we can use if desired. A downloadable ride map and cue sheet for GPS navigation devices is at the Link below.
Bring a spare tube and tools to fix a flat, just in case. Please have full fenders if the roads are wet, or you may be asked to ride at the rear of the group.
Note: If weather conditions meet the weather cancelation criterion listed above or if there are unforeseen hazardous riding conditions or other unexpected events, the Ride Leader will post a ride-canceled note in the Comments section below at least two hours prior to the start and Ride Leader(s) will not be at the start location.
We hope you can join us!
Registrations so far...
Wait list for Seattle & 2 Bridges ride?
I'm just getting out riding again and my friend Anita says she's doing her first mentored Ride Leader ride March 25th. Yay! But boo because the ride's already full!! I want to support her on this ride. So, is there a Wait List? Can you add one more to the pack? Thanks, Teresa Pierce, Renton, 425-890-8934
Registration increased to 15 riders!
We have increased the rider registration limit up to 15!