Winter Virtual Cycling Series #10 (FulGaz training app)
KEEPING RIDERS SAFE
- Advance registration required. If you decide not to ride, please click Cancel My Registration below to open space for others. (How to cancel)
- Attendance at the pre-ride safety briefing is required to participate in the ride.
- All participants must follow Wash. state guidance on masking, distancing and vaccination for indoor and outdoor activities.
- If you have tested positive for COVID or have been exposed to someone with COVID, follow the CDC quarantine and isolation guidelines. In general, if you have COVID or are displaying COVID symptoms, you should not participate in group rides.
- Some rides stop at indoor venues. All riders should have face coverings available in case a business or public transit requires their use.
- A CPSC certified helmet is required to be worn to participate.
- Click here for more Details
If you are new, please read our newcomer information.
This is a winter virtual cycling training series ride. If you want to avoid the Pacific Northwest winter weather but still enter spring fit and ready to enjoy the roads, then this ride is for you.
We'll be using the FulGaz app along with your smart trainer and bike to ride indoors in a ten week series of group rides of increasing difficulty (coupled with solo workouts on your own). The goal is to build your strength and endurance so you can really feel ready to tackle those big cycling goals in 2023 and to have some fun doing so.
The series begins in mid-January and ends in late March, just in time to hit the dry roads as the spring returns. The start location is wherever you have your bike and smart trainer!
Additional information regarding this ride is available in the links below. This includes a video of my presentation that explains a lot more about the series, the group ride schedule with information on how to join each group ride, and a link to download the FulGaz app. Please read those materials and get your FulGaz subscription going so you can familiarize yourself with the app. If you have additional questions regarding group riding on FulGaz or using a smart trainer, please contact me with questions. Note that there has been some consolidation and changes to the downloadable materials so that there are differences between what is available to download and what the video says.
If you are contemplating getting a smart trainer, this series can help you put it to good work! If you miss a series group ride, you can still ride the route on your own.
On group ride days, if you want to ride with the group, be sure to boot-up FulGaz ahead of the start time. do any warm up you desire, and download the ride video. The group ride will be available at 9AM on ride day and you should be ready to ride then.
I will be able to answer questions via chat on the Discord Server shortly before the ride start and during the beginning of the ride. See more info on Discord below.
I look forward to riding with you in this series!
Registrations so far...