Error messageThe start time of the group ride is in the past.
Sunday Simultaneous Spin! (A Social Distance Approved FGR)
If you are new, please read our newcomer information.
Sunday Simultaneous Spin!
Join me for an unusual Free Group Ride this Sunday to celebrate the joy of riding in a semi-social setting. Tune in before and after the ride in an online ZOOM meeting, but ride by yourself or with household members to comply with COVID-19 restrictions.
This ride is open to anybody! Riders of all skill levels, pace groups, and abilities are invited to join! Important: Register for the ride by clicking the red register button above and we will send you the login information the morning of the ride.
Here's how it works:
- Choose a route that starts and ends at your house or apartment. Stick to familiar territory, avoid overcrowded trails, and utilize neighborhood greenways or back streets. If you need help finding a route in your neighborhood contact a ride leader and we will help you find a safe route that avoids trails and doesn't stray too far from home.
- 8:40 am: Log on to an online Zoom meeting by following the login information (sent to you the morning of) and listen to a S.M.A.R.T. talk given by a ride leader. This briefing will remind you of safety precautions you should take while on a bike ride. Ride Leaders will also be listing precautions you can take as a rider to protect yourself during COVID-19.
- 9:00 am: Go on a bike ride! Embark on an adventure! The world is your oyster! Take this opportunity to go on a solo ride or bike with other members of your household. Do not bike with others in a group setting who are outside of your household. Please keep the safety and health of others in mind!
- Enjoy the thought that other bike lovers in other parts of the city are out on a similar bike ride enjoying their neighborhoods, exercising, and generally having a good time at the same time as you! Although you may be riding solo, with family, or with other household members, you are sharing a group riding experience with others across the city in a new and unique way!
- Take pictures, wave to strangers (while and complete stop), breathe in the fresh air and think happy thoughts. Take notice of the world around you and think about things that grab your attention or make you smile. You will have the opportunity to share these images, smells, and thoughts with other riders soon!
- 11:00 am: Log back into the meeting using the same link and login information to share your ride with others and hear about their rides. What did you see? Who did you meet? Where did you go? Make yourself a treat and snack or sip while listening to the stories of other cyclists who rode with in spirit.
Please pre-register by clicking the red "Register Now" button above. There is no need to unregister if you decide not to ride.
Remember to bring a spare tube and tools to fix a flat, just in case. Also remember to wear a properly fitted helmet, use hand signals when turning, and bring a cell phone just in case you need to call a family member in a pinch.
Also, please read through these 10 Guidelines for Safe Bicycling During COVID-19 that the Cascade volunteer Rides Committee has put together for you.
We hope you can join us!
Tips for Biking
Educational Videos — Bike Works
Getting back on the bike? Watch these five videos. — The League of American Bicyclists
Registrations so far...