Error messageThe start time of the group ride is in the past.
Saturday Morning Rides in Snohomish County (Steady, Moderate, Brisk)
If you are new, please read our newcomer information.
Come and join us each Saturday morning in October, November and December for a ride. Stay fit, and enjoy the beauty and interesting sights in Snohomish County! The routes are about 40 miles each week. The steady and moderate paces ride a little less and the brisk pace rides a little more so that all have an equal ride effort.
How to find us? It is a bit tricky to find this park as it is BELOW the road. If you are lost: Find the intersection of Pine and 2nd Street in Snohomish. Head east on 2nd St, then turn right (after about 30 yards) onto Cypress Ave, just past the bus stop. Look left and almost immediately there is a road that heads down into the park.
Today's Route: The restroom is closed for the season at the start. Please plan on using the public bathrooms on 1st St in Snohomish. This route will wake you up right from the start. It climbs towards a nice view over the Snohomish Valley, through the Three Lake area and down to the first rest stop at mile 15 at the Machias Trailhead Park (restrooms, water). Back in the saddle you will quickly warm up again and pass the very old Machias cemetery. You can relax a bit on a less frequently used portion of the Centennial Trail while we head north. We briefly stop to admire Lake Cassidy and then glide into Lake Stevens where you will find the second rest stop at Lundeen Park (restrooms and water) on the shore of Lake Stevens (mile 25). Next we follow the bike lane through Lake Stevens and wide roads through an upscale neighborhood before descending back to the Centennial Trail. The brisk pace will have one last climb up Dubuque from a less traveled approach. To finish this route we will pedal along the peaceful Pilchuck River to finalize the ride.
Steady/Moderate route: 37.2 miles and 2,116 ft of elevation (per RWGPS) - No rest room at the start. Rest stops at mile 15 and 25 (no food stops).
Brisk route: 41.1 miles and 2,401 ft of elevation (per RWGPS) - No rest room at the start. Rest stop at mile 15 and 25 (no food stops).
- Please be ready to ride at least 10 minutes before the start of the ride to check off your name or sign the waiver and be part of the safety briefing.
- If the roads are wet or there is rain in the forecast, please respect the rider behind you by having fenders that cover your tire to about 2 inches from the ground. If you have no fenders, you might be asked to ride in the back.
- Riders have to be independent when they have a flat and/or mechanical. Bring a charged cellphone if possible.
- Cue sheets are not provided at the start; print your own copy.
- Your registration on this website is appreciated. Use the Register Now button at the top of this page.
- Steady rain or other unsafe conditions cancels the ride. If the ride is canceled, it will be posted by 07:00 am in the comment section below. In that case the ride leaders will not be at the start.
Check the links below. You'll find links to the routes for this week, a link with information for new riders to the club, for bringing a minor or for becoming a ride leaders.
Registrations so far...