Error messageThe start time of the group ride is in the past.
Lake Sammamish Loop (Brisk)
If you are new, please read our newcomer information.
Please join us for a 23 Mile Brisk (16-18 in flats on your own without wind) social ramble around Lake Sammamish!
- The route Start is at East Lake Sammamish Trailhead, just west of Whole Foods Market in Redmond, Washington. There is ample parking, but you are encouraged to ride to the Start, warm up and save on your carbon footprint!
Start Time: Promptly at 07:30; arrive by 07:15 in time to hear the pre-ride safety briefing, including the S.M.A.R.T. talk, and ensure you and your bike are completely ready.
- No restrooms at the Start; a portable toilet is available, no running water.
- Optional portable toilet at Mile 9.8, at the first right at the roundabout, just past Sunset Elementary School in Issaquah.
- Regroup in the shoulder, keeping as far right as possible near 182nd Ave SE on West Lake Sammamish Parkway, SE right before the painted brown mobile communications tower, at Mile 10.0; this is our official regroup point after the climb to Sunset Elementary School.
Climbing: Occurs at your own pace; the Ride Leader tends to be fast up hills when in the mood to climb (especially when cold), but will not drop the group - there is no need to chase. If anyone wants to go ahead on climbs for their Personal Record or King of Mountain, the Ride Leader must be notified and acknowledge that intent. Lack of notification or acknowledgement assumes that the rider moved ahead, are on their own and will be counted as off of the ride.
Registration: You are encouraged to pre-register by clicking the red "Register Now" button above. This will save time at the Start.
Cancellation Criteria: Weather cancellation criteria includes ice, snow and sub-freezing temperatures that include high humidity/damp roads. In the event that the weather cancellation criteria are met (or a situation arises requiring cancellation), a cancellation comment will be made here at least two hours before the ride Start - and the Ride Leader will not be at the Start. The Ride Leader may not be able to answer calls reliably on the morning of the ride as the Ride Leader typically rides to the Start, so please plan to follow protocol, accordingly.
Regroup/Togetherness Criteria: This is a "Stay Together" ride. That means we will stay together. However, you should have a way back should you or your bike fail due any of the following (but not all-inclusive) things to consider:
- Significant or unserviceable mechanical issues.
- Not being able to maintain the advertised pace (speed and effort).
- Please always have a way to get yourself back to your start point should there be a need.
- Please bring adequate supplies to repair/service your bike (tubes/patch kits/tire plugs/tools/etc.), and have full fenders if the roads are wet, or you will be asked to ride at the back of the group with the other people who omitted fenders.
- Please do not forget to bring a helmet, as helmets are required to ride!
- Lights are suggested for visibility, especially during darker sections or when inclement weather is encountered.
Registrations so far...