Error messageThe start time of the group ride is in the past.
Lake Sammamish Loop (Brisk)
If you are new, please read our newcomer information.
Please join us for a 23 Mile Brisk (16-18 in flats on your own without wind) social ramble around Lake Sammamish!
- The route Start is at East Lake Sammamish Trailhead, just west of Whole Foods Market in Redmond, Washington. There is ample parking, but you are encouraged to ride to the Start, warm up and save on your carbon footprint!
Start Time: Promptly at 07:30; arrive by 07:15 in time to hear the pre-ride safety briefing, including the S.M.A.R.T. talk, and ensure you and your bike are completely ready.
- No restrooms at the Start; a portable toilet is available, no running water.
- Portable toilet at Mile 9.8 (Sunset Elementary), no running water; this is our official regroup point after the climb to Sunset Elementary.
Climbing: Occurs at your own pace; the Ride Leader tends to be fast up hills when in the mood to climb (especially when cold), but will not drop the group - there is no need to chase. If anyone wants to go ahead on climbs for their Personal Record or King of Mountain, the Ride Leader must be notified and acknowledge that intent. Lack of notification or acknowledgement assumes that the rider moved ahead, are on their own and will be counted as off of the ride.
Registration: You are encouraged to pre-register by clicking the red "Register Now" button above, with no need to un-register if you change your mind about attending. This will save time at the Start.
Cancellation Criteria: Weather cancellation criteria includes ice, snow and sub-freezing temperatures that include high humidity/damp roads. In the event that the weather cancellation criteria are met (or emergency needs to cancel occur), a cancellation comment will be made here at least two hours before the ride Start - and the Ride Leader will not be at the Start. The Ride Leader may not be able to answer calls reliably on the morning of the ride as the Ride Leader typically rides to the Start, so please plan to follow protocol, accordingly.
Regroup/Togetherness Criteria: This is a "Stay Together" ride. That means we will stay together. However, you should have a way back should you or your bike fail due any of the following (but not all-inclusive) things to consider:
- Significant or unserviceable mechanical issues (we will stop for minor, serviceable issues when the Ride Leader is notified).
- Not being able to maintain the advertised pace (speed and effort); please respect other riders' time - if you are observed to have trouble, we will wait for you and communicate with you to check if this is the situation. If you feel that the pace is a bit faster than it should be, please also share that opinion with the Ride Leader. We're all here to have fun, and enjoy the ride.
With the aforesaid, dropping will not occur without acknowledgement from the dropped rider(s), unless we are unable to locate you after significant efforts. Please understand the intent, in the interest of respect of other riders' time. Please have a way to communicate with the Ride Leader (such as a mobile device), as the Ride Leader will attempt to contact you in this situation.
- Please always have a way to get yourself back to your start point should there be a need.
- Please bring adequate supplies to repair/service your bike (tubes/patch kits/tire plugs/tools/etc.), and have full fenders if the roads are wet, or you will be asked to ride at the back of the group with the other people who omitted fenders.
- Please do not forget to bring a helmet, as helmets are required to ride!
- Lights are suggested for visibility, especially during darker sections or when inclement weather is encountered.
Registrations so far...