Error messageThe start time of the group ride is in the past.
Saturday Morning Rides in Snohomish County (Vigorous)
If you are new, please read our newcomer information.
Come and join us each Saturday morning in October, November and December for a ride. Stay fit, and enjoy the beauty and interesting sights in Snohomish County! This week our route starts in Marysville and goes for 43 miles with about 2700 ft of elevation gain.
Today's 43-mile route is about "Contrasts". Shortly after the start we will find ourselves on tribal land of the Tulalip tribes: check out the Tulalip Tribes Hibulb Cultural Center, street names in a different language, signs, and tribal art. We get off of the main road to enjoy views of Possession Sound in Mission Beach. The restroom stop at Kayak Point provides another wonderful view and the climb back up is a great way to warm up again. The route continues through rural Snohomish County, an upscale neighborhood and as a joke scoots by the Seattle Premium Outlet stores and the Tulalip Resort Casino. So if you take very good care of your precious two wheeled child, you can extend your visit in Snohomish County by doing your Christmas shopping and/or have some fun at the Casino - plenty of options!
How to find us? From I-5, take exit 199/Marysville. Turn right onto 4th St/Hwy 528 and immediately get into the left lane. Turn left at the first traffic light onto Cedar Ave. P&R is after the first stop sign.
Please note: there is no restroom at the start, but we will have an opportunity for a quick stop in the first mile, and then at mile 16. There is no designated food stop on the route, but we can swing by Oosterwyk's Dutch Bakery for coffee and a treat near the finish.
- Please be ready to ride at 0920 -- that's when we will have our safety briefing.
- If the roads are wet or there is rain in the forecast, please respect the rider behind you by having fenders that cover your tire to about 2 inches from the ground. If you have no fenders, you might be asked to ride in the back.
- Riders should be independent when they have a flat and/or mechanical. Bring a charged cellphone if possible.
- Please pre-register by clicking the red "Register Now" button at the top of this page.
- Steady rain or other unsafe conditions cancels the ride. If the ride is canceled, it will be posted by 07:00 am in the comment section below. In that case the ride leaders may not be at the start.
Hope you can join us!
Registrations so far...