Error messageThe start time of the group ride is in the past.
Loop with Montreux Climb
If you are new, please read our newcomer information.
Join us for a ride from Issaquah Community Center on a 27.7 mile route at Moderate Pace (14-16 mph.
The route includes the following:
- We will meander through downtown Issaquah on trail and side streets and then head west on Newport to warm up our legs.
- At mile 3.7, we will turn left and start the 1.4 mile Montreux Climb. The climb is long, so pace yourself.
- After the climb, we have a little more gain and then down 164th Way SE.
- Next, we will cross the freeway, stopping at Spirtiridge Park, and meandering our way around Phantom Lake heading north.
- We will drop down to West Lake Sammamish and head back to Issaqauh.
Let's meet at the Issaquah Community Center at 9:00 AM for our pre-ride safety briefing, with a departure at 9:15 AM. The center has a large grass front lawn. We will meet in the Community Center parking lot which is east of the building and east of the large grass front lawn.
We will climb and descend hills at our own pace, and our goal will be to regroup frequently. If you are brisk or faster, you are on your own to navigate. We'll also limit our speed on any multi-use paths to the legal maximum (usually 15 MPH).
Restrooms are available at the start inside the Issaquah Community Center. We will stop along the way for restrooms/water at Spiritridge Park mile 10.
You are encouraged to pre-register by clicking the red "Register Now" button above. There is no need to unregister if you decide not to ride.
Bring a spare tube and tools to fix a flat, just in case. Please have full fenders if the roads are wet, or you may be asked to ride at the rear of the group.
Note: If weather conditions meet the weather cancellation criterion listed above or if there are unforeseen hazardous riding conditions, the Ride Leader will post a ride-canceled note in the Comments section below at least two hours prior to the start and Ride Leader(s) will not be at the start location.
We hope you can join us!
Registrations so far...