Error messageThe start time of the group ride is in the past.
North-end After Dark Ride--Moderate
If you are new, please read our newcomer information.
Come join us for the 2017 North End After Dark Rides
We meet at the Lynnwood Transit Center, in the SE corner by the Interurban Trail. If it's your first time at Lynnwood TC, there is a second area SE of the bus area. Please check the map above for exact location. The series offers midweek training rides, 20-25 miles long, to keep up strength for the longer weekend rides.
We will regroup at the top of long climbs for a 1-3 minutes, but if a rider frequently makes the group wait, they will be asked to ride using their cue sheet or Garmin route to get back to the ride start. Riders should also know how to read a cue sheet, change a flat (and have the requisite equipment--tire irons, new tube and/or patch kit), and have a positive attitude! We will not be stopping to wait for mechanical failures so having a cue sheet is strongly recommended.
Please print a cue sheet or load the route into a GPS device.
- Riders should be ready to ride 15 minutes before start time, and we roll promptly at 6pm..
- FRONT AND REAR LIGHTS ARE MANDATORY!!! Riders who do not have lights may be turned away for safety.
- LONG-TAIL FENDERS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED (link shows what these are -- http://www.rainydaybiking.com/ )!
- Bring or wear rain gear/clothing that cars can easily see too as we will be riding when it is wet (but at the lower end of the posted paces).
- PLEASE RSVP ahead of time if you plan to ride with us so we can recruit additional ride leaders as necessary. RSVP not required, but would be MUCH appreciated. If you have a Cascade account you can sign the e-waiver on the CBC website to speed things up at the ride start. To do this, sign into your account and click "register", then check the e-waiver and select your pace.
- MINORS riding -- under 16 years old, needs to have a parent riding in the group with them and 16-18 years old, parent needs to fill out/sign/provide the Ride Leader with a waiver that can be found on the Cascade website.
In case of inclement weather, the ride leader will post a cancellation notice in the comments by 4pm day of the ride and will not be at the ride start.