Free Group Ride
Eastside Tours Evening Ride WINTER LOCATION!
Note that lights are now required for our rides - we will be finishing our rides after the sun has set. You will not be able to participate without front and rear lights.
Let's meet at Crossroads Park and please be ready to ride at 6:20 PM. We will start with a required safety briefing, and roll out when that's done. If you miss the briefing you will not be able to ride with the group.
Welcome to the 22nd year of Eastside Tours.
My goal is for everybody who rides with us to have a safe and enjoyable ride. Eastside Tours is a bit different than many other daily rides.
- Every ride is artisanally crafted from the best roads the Eastside has to offer. Every night is different. We range from Bothell in the north to North Renton in the South, from Medina out to Ames Lake and the Sammamish Plateau. Winter rides tend to be more on the west side, summer rides more on the east side. The only one who knows the route is the ride leader, and he isn't telling.
- We are mellow on the flats; I do my best to keep us in the posted speed range, and we stay together as a group.
- We like hills. Expect 1500' or so on an average ride. All hills are ride at your own pace, regroup at the top. A hill like Sahalee or Louis Thompson are typical of the hills we ride.
If you are wondering if this ride is for you, look at the sample rides on the website, or contact the ride leader.
If the weather is marginal, the ride leader will make a go/no-go decision at or before 4:20 PM. Cancellations will be posted in the comments for the ride and on the Eastside Tours facebook page.
What to Know Before You Go
- Advance registration required. Cancel if unable to attend, to open space for others.
- Must be present at safety briefing to participate.
- Helmets required.