Error messageThe start time of the group ride is in the past.
Ron Regis Park to Ristretto's
KEEPING RIDERS SAFE
- Advance registration required for all participants. If you decide not to ride, please click Cancel My Registration below to open space for others. (How to cancel)
- Attendance at the pre-ride safety briefing is required to participate in the ride.
- If you have tested positive for COVID or have been exposed to someone with COVID, follow the CDC quarantine and isolation guidelines. In general, if you have COVID or are displaying COVID symptoms, or if you are sick with the flu or a cold, you should not participate in group rides.
- Carry a face covering in case a business or public transit requires their use.
- Please, no spitting or “snot-rockets” while participating.
- A CPSC certified helmet is required to be worn to participate.
If you are new, please read our newcomer information.
Come join us on a 40-mile and steady pace ride from Ron Regis Park in Renton to Ristretto's Coffee in Lake Sawyer. We'll ride the Cedar River Trail along the rolling hills of Jones Road to Ristretto's for coffee and refreshments on their deck with a view of Mt. Rainier. We'll head back along SE Auburn Black Diamond Rd and Wax Rd in Covington. We'll ride at about 12.5 to 13 mph on the flats when there is no wind. We will climb and descend hills at our own pace and regroup as needed. The ride will take about 4.5 hours including the 20-minute coffee break. A GPS route map and cue sheet are at the link, below.
Please be ready to ride at 9:30 AM when we will do the safety briefing and get on the road. IMPORTANT TO NOTE: If you are not present and ready when we start the safety briefing, you will not be allowed to participate.
Porta-potty available at the start, and no water. Restroom and coffee stop at Ristretto's at mile 12.8
Please bring: ID, tools and spare tube(s) to fix flats, and phone.
Note: If weather conditions meet the weather cancellation criterion listed above or if there are unforeseen hazardous riding conditions or other unexpected events, the Ride Leader will post a ride-canceled note in the Comments section below at least two hours prior to the start and Ride Leader(s) will not be at the start location.
Registrations so far...