Error messageThe start time of the group ride is in the past.
Women & Non-Binary 2023 Kick-off Ride (Steady)
KEEPING RIDERS SAFE
- Advance registration required for all participants. If you decide not to ride, please click Cancel My Registration below to open space for others. (How to cancel)
- Attendance at the pre-ride safety briefing is required to participate in the ride.
- If you have tested positive for COVID or have been exposed to someone with COVID, follow the CDC quarantine and isolation guidelines. In general, if you have COVID or are displaying COVID symptoms, or if you are sick with the flu or a cold, you should not participate in group rides.
- Carry a face covering in case a business or public transit requires their use.
- Please, no spitting or “snot-rockets” while participating.
- A CPSC certified helmet is required to be worn to participate.
If you are new, please read our newcomer information.
Please note, this is a Women and Non-binary ride only. W&NB rides are only for individuals that identify as a woman or non-binary, including trans-gender women and cis-gender women. Male identifying riders can support this group best by finding other appropriate rides on the Free Group Rides calendar and leaving this space for W&NB riders.
Join us for the 2023 Cascade Women and Non-Binary Program Kickoff Event! We will have a bike ride starting at 10 a.m. followed by a social event at 12 p.m. with light snacks and drinks. If you prefer to come to only the bike ride or only the social event, that's OK too!
This ride is 12-14mph on the flats and ideal for beginners, with little climbing other than the 520 bridge. We will climb and descend at our own pace and our goal will be to regroup frequently if the group gets separated. We will head from the club to the 520 bridge via a mix of quiet roads and trails. We will have a photo stop at the east lookout over the 520 bridge before heading back to the start, staying on the trail on the way back.
Let's meet in front of Cascade Bicycle Club, and please be ready to ride at 10 a.m. We will start with a required safety briefing, and roll out when that's done. If you miss the briefing you will not be able to ride with the group.
There is ample parking available at the start, as well as restrooms available inside the club's offices. Bring a spare tube and tools to fix a flat, just in case.
Note: This ride will be canceled if there is rain or dangerous weather conditions that affect the safety of the ride. If the ride is canceled, you will receive an email and a comment will be posted here. If the ride is canceled more than 2 hours in advance, the ride leaders will not be at the start at 10 a.m., but we'll still have the social event at 12 p.m.
We hope you can join us!
Registrations so far...
picture from today's ride