Error messageThe start time of the group ride is in the past.
Another Sunday Spin in Auburn (Auburn Black Diamond & Green Valley Loop)
KEEPING RIDERS SAFE
- Advance registration required for all participants. If you decide not to ride, please click Cancel My Registration below to open space for others. (How to cancel)
- Attendance at the pre-ride safety briefing is required to participate in the ride.
- If you have tested positive for COVID or have been exposed to someone with COVID, follow the CDC quarantine and isolation guidelines. In general, if you have COVID or are displaying COVID symptoms, or if you are sick with the flu or a cold, you should not participate in group rides.
- Carry a face covering in case a business or public transit requires their use.
- Please, no spitting or “snot-rockets” while participating.
- A CPSC certified helmet is required to be worn to participate.
If you are new, please read our newcomer information.
Mentored ride for anita elder!
Join us for a Sunday morning spin starting and ending at the Outlet Collection (AKA The Supermall) in Auburn, going out to Auburn-Black Diamond Road and looping back on Green Valley. Route (linked below) can be downloaded to navigation programs. Please print yourself a cue sheet from the linked route if you would like one.
We'll meet in the Wal-Mart parking lot at the corner furthest from store entrance and closer to movie theater. Please zoom in on and refer to the point on the map of the start location, linked above, to see where in the parking lot we will meet. There are washrooms available in the Wal-Mart. Please be ready to ride at the ride start time. We will start introductions and a safety briefing and we will begin riding when that's done. Only riders who are there for the safety briefing @ 10:00 a.m. will be able to join us on the ride.
New riders welcome! Please read our newcomer information linked above.
Pace is "steady" - defined by the club at 12 to 14 miles per hour on flat terrain without wind and we expect riders to be able to sustain that effort for the duration of the ride. We will regroup after hills and before turns if we get spread out. We'll be stopping briefly at Green Valley Meats, mile 20, for regrouping and porta-potty use.
Helmets are required. Some other suggested items to bring: supplies to fix a flat or other minor mechanical, ID, cash and/or credit card, a charged cell phone, a face covering, travel pack of kleenex and hand sanitizer, water and a small snack. Fenders on your bike please if roads are wet (or you may be asked to ride at the back).
Note: If weather conditions meet the weather cancelation criterion listed above or if there are unforeseen hazardous riding conditions, the Ride Leader will cancel the ride at least two hours before the ride start. Cancelation will be noted in the title of the ride and registered riders will be sent an email to the address attached to their Cascade account. Please check here before leaving for the ride.
We hope you can join us!
Registrations so far...
I just rode the route today to get familiar with it and it's so pretty and peaceful! If you haven't ridden it before, you are going to love it!
Depending on the weather and group consensus, we may stop at Kelly Latte's around mile 10 where you can get a beverage or snack....they also have milkshakes!