Error messageThe start time of the group ride is in the past.
**CANCELLED** Woodinville to Seattle Waterfront
KEEPING RIDERS SAFE
- Advance registration required for all participants. If you decide not to ride, please click Cancel My Registration below to open space for others. (How to cancel)
- Attendance at the pre-ride safety briefing is required to participate in the ride.
- If you have tested positive for COVID or have been exposed to someone with COVID, follow the CDC quarantine and isolation guidelines. In general, if you have COVID or are displaying COVID symptoms, or if you are sick with the flu or a cold, you should not participate in group rides.
- Carry a face covering in case a business or public transit requires their use.
- Please, no spitting or “snot-rockets” while participating.
- A CPSC certified helmet is required to be worn to participate.
If you are new, please read our newcomer information.
Join us for a ride starting from Wilmot Gateway Park in Woodinville on an approximate 47 mile route at a Moderate pace (14-16 mph on the flats). This is a route which merges hill climbing with some fairly flat terrain using bike trails, bike lanes and largely quiet neighborhood streets.
This week we will ride to the Olympic Sculpture Park on Seattle's waterfront. Our initial rest stops will be at mile 9.3 and 21.0. We will have a 25 minute combined coffee/snack and rest stop at Cafe Arta (Third Place Books) at mile 33.1 in Ravenna. Please bring suitable funds if you plan to purchase food or drink at our coffee/rest stop. A downloadable ride map and cue sheet for GPS navigation devices are at the Link below.
Let's meet at the Wilmot Gateway Park by the tables under the pergolas in the park at 10:00 a.m. We will start with a required safety briefing, and roll out when that's done. If you miss the briefing you will not be able to ride with the group.
We will climb and descend the major hills at our own pace and will regroup at the top as needed. We'll also limit our speed on any multi-use paths to the legal maximum (usually 15 MPH).
Restrooms and water are available at the start and at the rest stops. Please bring any snacks you may want to have during the ride.
Bring a spare tube and tools to fix a flat, just in case. Please have full fenders if the roads are wet, or you may be asked to ride at the rear of the group.
Note: If weather conditions meet the weather cancelation criterion listed above or if there are unforeseen hazardous riding conditions or other unexpected events, the Ride Leader will post a ride-canceled note in the Comments section below at least two hours prior to the start and Ride Leader(s) will not be at the start location.
We hope you can join us!
Registrations so far...
After conferring with other ride leaders, the consensus is that today's weather will be far too wet. The ride is canceled. We will reschedule as this is a fun route!