Error messageThe start time of the group ride is in the past.
North Tacoma to Spanaway Lake loop
KEEPING RIDERS SAFE
- Advance registration required for all participants. If you decide not to ride, please click Cancel My Registration below to open space for others. (How to cancel)
- Attendance at the pre-ride safety briefing is required to participate in the ride.
- If you have tested positive for COVID or have been exposed to someone with COVID, follow the CDC quarantine and isolation guidelines. In general, if you have COVID or are displaying COVID symptoms, or if you are sick with the flu or a cold, you should not participate in group rides.
- Carry a face covering in case a business or public transit requires their use.
- Please, no spitting or “snot-rockets” while participating.
- A CPSC certified helmet is required to be worn to participate.
If you are new, please read our newcomer information.
Join us for a ride from Tacoma Central Coop on a 39-mile loop route to Spanaway Lake at moderate pace (14-16 mph). This is a mostly flat ride with one hill from the Tacoma Dome up to the new Pipeline Trail which we will follow out to Spanaway and ride along Spanaway Lake to Spanaway Park. We will return on "C" St and Park Ave and stop for coffee/snacks at Metropolitan Market on Proctor St.
Let's meet at the Tacoma Central Co-op and please be ready to ride at 0900. We will start with a required safety briefing, and roll out when that's done. If you miss the briefing you will not be able to ride with the group.
We will climb and descend hills at our own pace, and our goal will be to regroup frequently. We'll also limit our speed on any multi-use paths to the legal maximum (usually 15 MPH).
Restrooms are available at the start. We will stop along the way for restrooms/water at miles 24 and 37. We’ll also stop for coffee/snacks at the Metropolitan Market on Proctor St. at mile 37.
Bring a spare tube and tools to fix a flat, just in case. Please have full fenders if the roads are wet, or you may be asked to ride at the rear of the group.
Note: If weather conditions meet the weather cancellation criterion listed above or if there are unforeseen hazardous riding conditions or other unexpected events, the Ride Leader will post a ride-canceled note in the Comments section below at least two hours prior to the start and Ride Leader(s) will not be at the start location.
We hope you can join us!
Registrations so far...