Cedar River Trail Family Friendly
KEEPING RIDERS SAFE
- Advance registration required. If you decide not to ride, please click Cancel My Registration below to open space for others. (How to cancel)
- Attendance at the pre-ride safety briefing is required to participate in the ride.
- All participants must follow Wash. state guidance on masking, distancing and vaccination for indoor and outdoor activities.
- If you have tested positive for COVID or have been exposed to someone with COVID, follow the CDC quarantine and isolation guidelines. In general, if you have COVID or are displaying COVID symptoms, you should not participate in group rides.
- Some rides stop at indoor venues. All riders should have face coverings available in case a business or public transit requires their use.
- A CPSC certified helmet is required to be worn to participate.
- Click here for more Details
If you are new, please read our newcomer information.
Join us for a beginner and family friendly ride from Renton's Ron Regis Park on a roughly 6 mile route at an easy pace (under 10 mph)!
This ride is perfect for riders who are just starting out, who have younger riders, who haven't been on a ride in a while, or are just looking for a relaxing and short ride. We'll start at Ron Regis Park and head up the Cedar River Trail for around 3 miles. We will take a quick rest and water break, after that, we'll turn around and come back down the trail returning to our starting point.
Let's meet at the west side of Ron Regis (near the basketball court and porta potties) and please be ready to ride at 10:50 am. We will start with a required safety briefing including the S.M.A.R.T. talk and some hand-signals for any beginners with us. We'll roll out when that's done. If you miss the briefing, you will not be able to ride with the group.
Restrooms (porta-potties) will be available at the start, however no water is available, so be sure to bring fluids for yourself.
Our goal will be to stay together throughout the ride. If you want to ride ahead or need to leave the ride for any reason, please let the ride leader know.
Bring a spare tube and tools to fix a flat, just in case. As there is only one ride leader, I cannot stay behind to help fix a mechanical problem. The roads will likely be wet, please bring fenders.
Note: If weather involves steady/heavy rain, lightning, or if there are unforeseen hazardous riding conditions or other unexpected events, the Ride Leader will post a ride-canceled note in the Comments section below at least two hours prior to the start and will not be at the start location.
We hope you can join us! Email me if you have any questions.
Registrations so far...