Error messageThe start time of the group ride is in the past.
John Weller Memorial Red Barn Ride (Steady Pace)
KEEPING RIDERS SAFE
- Advance registration required. If you decide not to ride, please click Cancel My Registration below to open space for others. (How to cancel)
- Attendance at the pre-ride safety briefing is required to participate in the ride.
- All participants must follow Wash. state guidance on masking, distancing and vaccination for indoor and outdoor activities.
- If you have tested positive for COVID or have been exposed to someone with COVID, follow the CDC quarantine and isolation guidelines. In general, if you have COVID or are displaying COVID symptoms, you should not participate in group rides.
- Some rides stop at indoor venues. All riders should have face coverings available in case a business or public transit requires their use.
- A CPSC certified helmet is required to be worn to participate.
- Click here for more Details
If you are new, please read our newcomer information.
Please join us for a memorial ride for John Weller along a section of his classic Red Barn route. This ride will start at Remlinger Farms in Carnation and will meander for 16.2 relatively flat miles through the Snoqualmie Valley at a steady (12-14 mph) pace. * Note that this ride is offered at two other paces as well (leisurely and moderate) that can be found on the Cascade calendar.
John Weller was a key volunteer within the Free Group Rides program as a ride leader, ride approver, and long time Rides Committee member. His passion for building community around cycling had a direct impact on many riders throughout his years of volunteer service and John is fondly remembered by many who rode with him. Sadly, John passed away in early January. This memorial ride follows one of his favorite and most recognizable routes through the Snoqualmie Valley.
Let's meet at Remlinger Farms just outside of Carnation. Remlinger Farms knows that there will be a large memorial ride starting and ending at their location and has asked that cars park in the gravel parking lot across the street on the other side of NE 32nd st. Please help us out by honoring their request. Please be ready to ride at 11 am. We will start with a required safety briefing, and roll out when that's done. If you miss the briefing you will not be able to ride with the group.
We will climb and descend hills at our own pace, and our goal will be to stay together. Bring a spare tube and tools to fix a flat, just in case. Please have full fenders if the roads are wet, or you may be asked to ride at the rear of the group.
At this time, it is not clear if there will be restrooms at the start of the ride. Please plan accordingly. There are restrooms available in the town of Carnation at the Carnation Market and at the Starbucks just adjacent.
We encourage you to stick around after the ride at the Remlinger Farms restaurant and beer garden to remember John together over pies (his favorite) and beverages and to financially support the farm in thanks for letting us use their location as a starting point.
*Note: If weather conditions meet the weather cancelation criterion listed above or if there are unforeseen hazardous riding conditions or other unexpected events, the Ride Leader will post a ride-canceled note in the Comments section below at least two hours prior to the start and Ride Leader(s) will not be at the start location.
We hope you can join us!
Registrations so far...
32 mile route self pace
The 32 mile route (Moderate) will now be a self paced ride, so if you would like to do the full route, arrive at Remlingers prior to 10am for the ride briefing.