Error messageThe start time of the group ride is in the past.
Getting Ready to Ride Seattle #3: Gas Works-520-Kirkland (leisurely)
KEEPING RIDERS SAFE
- Advance registration required. If you decide not to ride, please click Cancel My Registration below to open space for others. (How to cancel)
- Attendance at the pre-ride safety briefing is required to participate in the ride.
- All participants must follow Wash. state guidance on masking, distancing and vaccination for indoor and outdoor activities.
- If you have tested positive for COVID or have been exposed to someone with COVID, follow the CDC quarantine and isolation guidelines. In general, if you have COVID or are displaying COVID symptoms, you should not participate in group rides.
- Some rides stop at indoor venues. All riders should have face coverings available in case a business or public transit requires their use.
- A CPSC certified helmet is required to be worn to participate.
- Click here for more Details
If you are new, please read our newcomer information.
The Getting Ready to Ride Series
Are you new to bicycling, or just been off your bike for a while? Perhaps you've resolved to ride more this year, or have signed up for a big ride like STP? If so, Getting Ready to Ride might be just for you. It is an eight-week series starting with a flat and easy ride, and adding a little more challenge each week. We will regroup frequently and definitely at the top of any climbs.
This Week's Ride
Join us for a ride from Gas Works on a 20-mile route at leisurely pace (10-12 mph)! Let's meet at the WEST end of the Gas Works' parking lot just west the porta-potties by 10:15am. We will start at 10:15 with the required pre-ride safety briefing and ride when that is done. If you miss the briefing you will not be able to join this ride.
This route takes us over the 520 bike/pedestrian bridge then on to Kirkland with a break at the Marina (restrooms available). We loop back to the 520 bridge via the Cross Kirkland Corridor/Eastrail. There is some climbing on this ride.
Bring a spare tube and tools to fix a flat, just in case. Please have full fenders if the roads are wet, or you may be asked to ride at the rear of the group.
Note: If weather conditions meet the weather cancelation criterion listed above or if there are unforeseen hazardous riding conditions or other unexpected events, the Ride Leader will post a ride-canceled note in the Comments section below at least two hours prior to the start and Ride Leader(s) will not be at the start location.
We hope you can join us!
- Route map / cue sheet
- Give your bike an easy A-B-C Quick Check before riding
- Aiming for a long ride this season? Check out the Cascade Training Series.
Registrations so far...