Error messageThe start time of the group ride is in the past.
FRIDAY RIDERS: Lake Sammamish Loop
KEEPING RIDERS SAFE
- Advance registration required. If you decide not to ride, please click Cancel My Registration below to open space for others. (How to cancel)
- Attendance at the pre-ride safety briefing is required to participate in the ride.
- All participants must follow Wash. state guidance on masking, distancing and vaccination for indoor and outdoor activities.
- If you have tested positive for COVID or have been exposed to someone with COVID, follow the CDC quarantine and isolation guidelines. In general, if you have COVID or are displaying COVID symptoms, you should not participate in group rides.
- Some rides stop at indoor venues. All riders should have face coverings available in case a business or public transit requires their use.
- A CPSC certified helmet is required to be worn to participate.
- Click here for more Details
If you are new, please read our newcomer information.
**NOTE: Late Start at 11 AM.**
Lake Sammamish is a popular exercise route for cyclists. The route circles Lake Sammamish with some nice views of the lake. Start at Marymoor Park's East parking lot near the East entrance off of NE 65th St. Parking is free in this lot ONLY. Restrooms are available nearby. We start out riding through the park to the West entrance and follow the West Lake Sammamish Parkway on the road to Issaquah. The lunch break will be at the Issaquah PCC known for fresh made hot soup, salads and deli sandwiches. Plan on spending a half hour here. Afterwards, we will locate the East Lake Sammamish Trail (paved) and follow it back to Marymoor Park. There may be closed portions of the trail for construction. In that case, we will safely head up to the paved road above the trail and cycle in the bike lane.
Arrive by 11:00 AM to ready your bike and listen to the safety briefing, important route information, and rider introductions. Have all the necessary tools to fix a flat tire: patch kit, spare tube and pump. We roll shortly after the safety briefing.
There will be a food break mid ride in Issaquah. Please bring money or credit card if you wish to purchase something to eat or drink. Carry snack food and water bottle with you at all times. Helmets are required! Dress according to the weather in layers that can be added or removed. New riders are welcome!
Online registration is required. If you have a Cascade account you may register online by selecting the 'register now' button. Please 'unregister' if you change your mind to let others join the ride.
NOTE: in case of steady rain, freezing temperatures, other hazardous riding conditions or unexpected events, the Ride Leader will post a ride-canceled note in the Comments section below at least two hours prior to the start and Ride Leader(s) will not be at the start location.
Hope to see you there!
Registrations so far...
Hope more spots will be opening, thanks
Hi Esther - check back frequently to see if an opening becomes available. People cancel when the weather is not optimal.
Sigh..wet and cold has us canceling..
We were so.looking forward to this ride. Tx for hosting!
Cancel fo weather
Here I am available finally to join your ride but ... the weather has me staying in for the day. Will be looking for more of your rides.
The radar shows rain leaving the area before 11 AM. I plan on leading the ride. See you there!