Error messageThe start time of the group ride is in the past.
Getting Ready to Ride Seattle #2: Lk Union-Fishermen's Terminal-Elliott Bay (Leisurely)
KEEPING RIDERS SAFE
- Advance registration required. If you decide not to ride, please click Cancel My Registration below to open space for others. (How to cancel)
- Attendance at the pre-ride safety briefing is required to participate in the ride.
- All participants must follow Wash. state guidance on masking, distancing and vaccination for indoor and outdoor activities.
- If you have tested positive for COVID or have been exposed to someone with COVID, follow the CDC quarantine and isolation guidelines. In general, if you have COVID or are displaying COVID symptoms, you should not participate in group rides.
- Some rides stop at indoor venues. All riders should have face coverings available in case a business or public transit requires their use.
- A CPSC certified helmet is required to be worn to participate.
- Click here for more Details
If you are new, please read our newcomer information.
The Getting Ready to Ride Series
Are you new to bicycling or just been off of your bike for a while? Perhaps you have resolved to ride more this year or have signed up for a big ride like STP? If so, Getting Ready 2 Ride might be just for you! It is an 8-week series starting with a flat, easy ride and adding a little more challenge each week. We will regroup frequently and definitely at the top of any climbs.
This Week's Ride
Join us for a ride from Gas Works Park on a 20 mile route at leisurely pace (10-12mph). This figure-8 loop visits the Montlake Bridge, Lake Union, Fishermen's Terminal, Interbay rail yard, Elliott Bay Trail (views of the Sound!), and Fremont Bridge. Let's meet at the WEST end of Gas Works parking lot at 10:15am. We will start with a required pre-ride safety briefing, and ride when that is done. If you miss the briefing you will not be able to join this ride.
Portable toilets are available at the start and restrooms at our mid-point stop at Fishermen's Terminal (11 miles).
Bring a spare tube and tools to fix a flat, just in case. Please have full fenders if the roads are wet, or you may be asked to ride at the rear of the group.
Note: If weather conditions meet the weather cancelation criterion listed above or if there are unforeseen hazardous riding conditions or other unexpected events, the Ride Leader will post a ride-canceled note in the Comments section below at least two hours prior to the start and Ride Leader(s) will not be at the start location.
We hope you can join us!
Registrations so far...