Cycling Out Of Sumner (COOS) #1 - Sumner to Auburn
KEEPING RIDERS SAFE
- Advance registration required. If you decide not to ride, please click Cancel My Registration below to open space for others. (How to cancel)
- Attendance at the pre-ride safety briefing is required to participate in the ride.
- All participants must follow Wash. state guidance on masking, distancing and vaccination for indoor and outdoor activities.
- If you have tested positive for COVID or have been exposed to someone with COVID, follow the CDC quarantine and isolation guidelines. In general, if you have COVID or are displaying COVID symptoms, you should not participate in group rides.
- Some rides stop at indoor venues. All riders should have face coverings available in case a business or public transit requires their use.
- A CPSC certified helmet is required to be worn to participate.
- Click here for more Details
If you are new, please read our newcomer information.
We are pleased to announce Cycling Out Of Sumner (COOS) will be running a spring training series for 2023 with three paces offered (Steady 12 - 14 mph, Moderate 14 -16 mph, Brisk 16 - 18 mph). COOS will run for thirteen Saturdays, from April 1st through July 8th. COOS is a training series to build endurance and strength. The rides will incrementally increase in distance, leading up to a century. All paces will use a common route each week.
Let's meet at the east corner of the Fred Meyer parking lot. Washrooms are available at the ride start. Please be ready to ride at the start time. We will start with a required safety briefing and roll out when that's done. If you miss the briefing you will not be able to ride with the group. It's a good idea to arrive early! While there is plenty of foot traffic at our start location, property crime can happen in a moment: do not leave bikes or other valuables unattended.
We will climb and descend hills at our own pace, and our goal will be to regroup after hills and before turns. We'll also limit our speed on any multi-use paths to the legal maximum (usually 15 MPH). All riders should carry nutrition and water, and have the know-how and equipment to fix a flat tire, as well as to make minor repairs. Everyone should carry a phone to call for assistance if needed, as well as cash, and/or a credit card. Ride Leaders will not be providing cue sheets. Riders may choose to view the route online, download to their own devices, and print a cue sheet if desired.(see link below)
New riders, we are very happy to have you with us! Please read the information found at the "New Rider" link and keep in mind that a helmet is required for all Cascade rides.
Please register for the ride using the red "Register Now" button at the top of this page. On-line registration and waiver sign is required for all participants.
Ride #1: We'll start with a warm up loop along the Puyallup river and then head north to Auburn. We'll take a break in Auburn at mile 16 and then return to Sumner along the trail.
Note: Weather cancelations will be in the ride post title at least 2 hours prior to start time and registered riders will be sent a cancelation message to their email address attached to their Cascade account.
We hope you can join us!
Registrations so far...