Error messageThe start time of the group ride is in the past.
**CANCELLED** MUMPS: Lost Lake-Monroe-Snohomish (Moderate)
If you are new, please read our newcomer information.
This week MUMPS rides into Snohomish County via Lost Lake, Monroe and Snohomish. We’ll tour agricultural land, lakes and mountains and ride some hills along the way.
Start Time & Location: We'll meet at Log Boom Park, where restrooms and water are available. Steady pace will gather just east of the restrooms, Moderate in the middle between the Steady group and the parking lot, and Brisk will meet closest to the parking lot.
Please be there, ready to ride, at the time noted above. We will start with the required safety briefing, and roll out when that's done. If you miss the briefing you will not be able to ride with the group.
Parking: Please do not park in the Log Boom parking lot; use the on-street parking on NE 175thSt. just east of the park.
Pace: The MUMPS series offers multiple paces. Riders are welcome to change pace groups during the ride. When on multi-use trails we will observe the trail speed limit.
Navigation: The planned route/cue sheet is at the link below. The goal is to stay together via regrouping as necessary, but we won’t be able to wait long for anyone substantially off the pace. Please bring navigation aids in case you need to finish on your own, as the ride becomes self-led for those ahead of or behind the group.
Restrooms & Food: There are planned restroom stops at mile 12, 28 and 44; and at the Snohomish Bakery coffee stop @ mile 37.
Cancellation: If weather conditions meet the weather cancellation criterion listed above or if there are unforeseen hazardous riding conditions or other unexpected events, the Ride Leader will post a ride-canceled note in the Comments section below at least two hours prior to the start and Ride Leader(s) will not be at the start location. NOTE: Please check ride status the morning of the ride as the ride may be canceled due to air quality above AQI index of 75
IMPORTANT: Each ride leader will make their own weather cancellation decisions independently, so one pace group may cancel while another rides, and one group may take a shortcut, while another may not. An "on the roll" switch to the rain route is possible. This could change your options for moving between pace groups.
Fenders: Please be considerate of other riders' comfort and safety by using full fenders with long, stable mud flaps (ideally 2" and a maximum of 4" from the ground) if rain is possible or the roads are wet. You may still ride without such long fenders and flaps, but if it's wet you will need to ride at the back of the group (behind all bikes with better fenders).
Repairs: Be prepared with the equipment and know-how to take care of your own flats and mechanicals, and a plan for getting back to the start if your bike won't take you there (ORCA card or someone to call). If you have a problem the group may stop briefly to make sure you will be OK on your own, but we will not wait for repairs to be completed.
Hope you can join us!