Error messageThe start time of the group ride is in the past.
Saturday Morning Rides in Snohomish County (Steady, Moderate, Brisk)
If you are new, please read our newcomer information.
Come and join us each Saturday morning in October, November and December for a ride. Stay fit, and enjoy the beauty and interesting sights in Snohomish County! The routes are about 40 miles each week. The steady and moderate paces ride a little less and the brisk pace rides a little more so that all have an equal ride effort.
How to find us? SE corner of the Lynnwood Transit Center (near the Interurban trail). There is no rest room at the start.
Today's Route: "Urban Evergreens and Planes" There is no restroom at the start. Evergreens must like it in Snohomish County. There are a lot of neighborhoods that are filled with them. From Lynnwood the route heads west to Perrinville, snatching a peek of the Puget Sound, climb up to the outskirts of Edmonds, passing Paine Field Airport, and up into Everett where the rest stop will be. Heading south the you get to relax on the Interurban trail for a little before winding through Mill Creek and up 164th St in a funny zigzag manner. We'll get a glimpse of the shopping frenzies around Lynnwood and return to the start.
Steady/Moderate route: 39.5 miles with 1,979 ft of elevation (per RWGPS) - Restroom stop at Scriber Lake Park at mile 1 and a rest stop at Safeway at mile 22.1
Brisk route: 40.5 miles with 2,118 ft of elevation (per RWGPS) - Restroom stop at Scriber Lake Park at mile 1 and a rest stop at the Safeway at mile 23.1
- Please be ready to ride at least 10 minutes before the start of the ride to check off your name or sign the waiver and be part of the safety briefing.
- If the roads are wet or there is rain in the forecast, please respect the rider behind you by having fenders that cover your tire to about 2 inches from the ground. If you have no fenders, you might be asked to ride in the back.
- Riders have to be independent when they have a flat and/or mechanical. Bring a charged cellphone if possible.
- Cue sheets are not provided at the start; print your own copy.
- Your registration on this website is appreciated. Use the Register Now button at the top of this page.
- Steady rain or other unsafe conditions cancels the ride. If the ride is canceled, it will be posted by 07:00 am in the comment section below. In that case the ride leaders will not be at the start.
Check the links below. You'll find links to the routes for this week, a link with information for new riders to the club, for bringing a minor or for becoming a ride leaders.