Error messageThe start time of the group ride is in the past.
Issaquah-Snoqualmie Trails (mixed gravel and paved)
If you are new, please read our newcomer information.
Join us for a ride from Issaquah East Sunset Way Trailhead parking lot on a 21 mile route at moderate pace (14-16 mph) on the flats. The parking lot is a gravel dirt lot used by hikers and bikers.
- We will start with the gravel Issaquah-Preston Trail, a rail-trail which follows an average 1.2% (max 6%) grade for 3.9 miles from Issaquah to the outskirts of Preston through a wide path paralleling I-90 with glimpses of farmland.
- Next, we will have a very short connector section on the road with a wide shoulder.
- From Preston, we take the meandering paved Preston-Snoqualmie Trail.
- At the Preston-Fall City Rd SE crossing, we will walk our bikes up switchbacks that replaces a trestle from an old railway.
- After a short break at the end of the trail, we will turn around and return.
Let's meet at the Issaquah East Sunset Way Trailhead parking lot at 10:45 am for our pre-ride safety briefing, with a departure at 11:00 am.
IMPORTANT: The Issaquah-Preston Trail (3.9 miles) is packed gravel and dirt. The trail was re-graded last year and is in good shape. Use puncture resistant tires for packed gravel and dirt. I will be using 700 X 33mm knobby tires. The trail will have leaves and some hidden branches under the leaves to look out for as well.
We will climb and descend hills at our own pace, and our goal will be to regroup occasionally. We'll also limit our speed on any multi-use paths to the legal maximum (usually 15 MPH). It is hard to describe riding pace going uphill. I ride 14-16 mph on pavement on flat ground. My equivalent for this ride will be ~9-10 mph average going out on the gravel Preston-High Point Trail (uphill) for 3.9 miles and ~12 mph on the Preston-Snoqualmie Trail (uphill) section returning for 2.4 miles.
Restrooms are NOT available at the start. We will stop for a port-a-potty in Preston at mile 5. Water is NOT available. Bring enough water on your bike.
You are encouraged to pre-register by clicking the red "Register Now" button above. There is no need to unregister if you decide not to ride.
Bring a spare tube and tools to fix a flat, just in case. Please have full fenders if the roads are wet, or you may be asked to ride at the rear of the group.
Note: If weather conditions meet the weather cancellation criterion listed above or if there are unforeseen hazardous riding conditions, the Ride Leader will post a ride-canceled note in the Comments section below at least two hours prior to the start and Ride Leader(s) will not be at the start location.
We hope you can join us!
Registrations so far...