Saturday Morning Rides in Snohomish County (Steady, Moderate, Brisk)
If you are new, please read our newcomer information.
Come and join us each Saturday morning in October, November and December for a ride. Stay fit, and enjoy the beauty and interesting sights in Snohomish County! The routes are about 40 miles each week. The steady and moderate paces ride a little less and the brisk pace rides a little more so that all have an equal ride effort.
How to find us? From I-5, take exit 199/Marysville. Turn right onto 4th St/Hwy 528 and immediately get into the left lane. Turn left at the first traffic light onto Cedar Ave. P&R is after the first stop sign.
Today's Route: "Contrasts" There is no restroom at the start. Shortly after the start you will find yourself on tribal land of the Tulalip tribes: check out the Tulalip Tribes Hibulb Cultural Center, street names in a different language, signs, and tribal art. We get off of the main road to enjoy views of Possession Sound in Mission Beach. The restroom stop at Kayak Point provides another wonderful view and the climb back up is a great way to warm up again. The route continues through rural Snohomish County, an upscale neighborhood and as a joke scoots by the Seattle Premium Outlet stores and the Tulalip Resort Casino. So if you take very good care of your precious two wheeled child, you can extend your visit in Snohomish County by doing your Christmas shopping and/or have some fun at the Casino - plenty of options!
Steady/Moderate route: 38.6 miles with 2,324 ft of elevation (per RWGPS) - NO FOOD on this route. Restroom stops: Ebey Waterfront Park at mile 1.1, Kayak Point Regional Park at mile 15.8 (There is an optional restroom for individuals at mile 33.5)
Brisk route: 42.4 miles with 2.583 ft of elevation (per RWGPS) NO FOOD on this route. Restroom stops: Ebey Waterfront Park at mile 1.1, Kayak Point Regional Park at mile 15.8 (There is an optional restroom for individuals at mile 33.5)
- Please be ready to ride at least 10 minutes before the start of the ride to check off your name or sign the waiver and be part of the safety briefing.
- If the roads are wet or there is rain in the forecast, please respect the rider behind you by having fenders that cover your tire to about 2 inches from the ground. If you have no fenders, you might be asked to ride in the back.
- Riders have to be independent when they have a flat and/or mechanical. Bring a charged cellphone if possible.
- Cue sheets are not provided at the start; print your own copy.
- Your registration on this website is appreciated. Use the Register Now button at the top of this page.
- Steady rain or other unsafe conditions cancels the ride. If the ride is canceled, it will be posted by 07:00 am in the comment section below. In that case the ride leaders will not be at the start.
Check the links below. You'll find links to the routes for this week, a link with information for new riders to the club, for bringing a minor or for becoming a ride leaders.
Registrations so far...