Error messageThe start time of the group ride is in the past.
Saturday Morning Rides in Snohomish County (Steady, Moderate, Brisk)
If you are new, please read our newcomer information.
Come and join us each Saturday morning in October, November and December for a ride. Stay fit, and enjoy the beauty and interesting sights in Snohomish County! The routes are about 40 miles each week. The steady and moderate paces ride a little less and the brisk pace rides a little more so that all have an equal ride effort.
How to find us? From I-5 north bound: Take the 128th St SE exit (exit 186). Head east for 0.4 miles and turn into the P&R. We will meet towards the pool (away from the buses). https://ridewithgps.com/routes/28985781
Route: There is no restroom at the start. Therefore the route starts with a bee-line through Mill Creek to a bathroom at mile 5. Then we float over the new pavement of Seattle-Hill Road, ride around Silver Lake and hop onto the Interurban trail, passing the shoppers at the Everett Mall to head to the industrial area of Everett, which of course includes Boeing. We will stop at Starbucks at mile 22/24. Then get back in the saddle, peddle a little and then wheeee - enjoy a fun downhill and nice climb in Mukilteo through a lovely neighborhood (note: this climb can be eliminated - directions on the cue-sheet). The route finishes by going through the Lake Stickney neighborhood, the recently opened Maple road connection and the Interurban trail.
Steady/Moderate route: 38.3 miles with 2,072 ft of elevation (per RWGPS)
Brisk route: 40.5 miles with 2,285 ft of elevation (per RWGPS)
- Please be ready to ride at least 10 minutes before the start of the ride to check off your name or sign the waiver and be part of the safety briefing.
- If the roads are wet or there is rain in the forecast, please respect the rider behind you by having fenders that cover your tire to about 2 inches from the ground.
- Riders have to be independent when they have a flat and/or mechanical. Bring a charged cellphone if possible.
- Cue sheets are not provided at the start; print your own copy.
- Your registration on this website is appreciated. Use the REGISTER button at the top of this page. You don't need to be a member of the club, but you do have to create an account.
- Steady rain or other unsafe conditions cancels the ride. If the ride is canceled, it will be posted by 07:00 am in the comment section below. In that case the ride leaders will not be at the start.
Check the links below. You'll find links to the routes for this week, a link with information for new riders to the club, for bringing a minor or for becoming a ride leaders.