Bellevue Bikeway Happy Hour - Let’s Keep Rolling Towards the Bellevue Bike Network
A safe bikeway is now a sure thing on Bellevue's 108th Ave NE this Spring. Cascade and friends are coming together March 1 to celebrate, strategize and socialize. Say you'll join us!
On Monday Feb 5, Bellevue city council endorsed a north/south downtown bikeway on downtown Bellevue's 108th Ave NE, to be installed by May 2018. Here’s a snippet of council comments at the meeting:
This is great news and it wouldn’t have happened without your vocal support. We’re celebrating this big win for biking with a March 1 downtown Bellevue happy hour. Join us!
And, in the meantime, let’s take a moment to recall how you’ve helped over the last few months (not to mention the years of advocacy preceding it):
- Almost 100 people – and several large businesses – sent emails and gave verbal testimony to Council and the Transportation Commission.
- At least 10 advocates (sporting Bellevue Bike Network t-shirts) attended each Transportation Commission and Council briefing along the way.
- Over 50 people attended the November demonstration bikeway open house last November.
- Hundreds of people completed Bellevue’s community bike share survey, and more than a thousand submitted a response to the demonstration bikeway survey.
The takeaway? Standing up and voicing support helps show city staff, and our elected and appointed leaders the priorities of the people they represent.
One thing is clear: Some exciting changes are ahead in Bellevue.
What’s up next:
- March 1, join us for a happy hour and planning session for the 108th bikeway. We’ll be celebrating and activating the 108th bikeway this May and beyond. Say you'll join us March 1 to celebrate, socialize and strategize!
- Build the case, and momentum for an east/west downtown route. During the council briefing, some council members acknowledged that the city’s 2009 commitment was for a north/south AND and east/west route through downtown by 2014. Advocating for the east/west route is a natural next step. Find out more on March 1.