Donating Bikes and Gear
Thank you for donating gently used bikes to MTP!
Before you donate
Thank you for your generosity and willingness to support the Major Taylor Project! Before you donate, please email our Development Team. In the event that your bike isn't a good fit for our program, we will work with you to find a worthy organization that can accept it. Please see below for what gifts are able to best assist our programs.
Donations will be used for direct youth programming or resold to fundraise for Major Taylor Project programming. Our standards for material donations are below. Please make sure your intended donations meet the following criteria:
- Complete bikes are preferred
- Modern parts in usable condition
- Please no used consumable parts such as grips, chains, cables, brake pads, or tires
- Unused consumable parts are welcome
- Donated materials must be biking-specific
- We cannot accept clothing, shoes, or used helmets at this time.
Our donation accepting hours are Tuesday through Thursday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Cascade Bicycle Club Office.
If for any reason the items you want to donate do not meet this standard, please review these other options for bicycling specific donations:
- Bikeworks in South Seattle
- 2nd Cycle in Tacoma
- The Bikery in Central Seattle
- Outdoors for All in Magnuson Park
Other Ways to Support MTP
Please consider purchasing items off of our Amazon Wishlist! These items will be used to fuel our young riders this season.
For any other questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.