Sunday, Feb. 25, 2018
With chilly February weather and 2,191 feet of climbing, the name says it all!
Kicking off the riding season in the Northwest for its 46th year, Chilly Hilly is a must-do. The 33-mile route around Bainbridge Island starts with a scenic early morning ferry ride across Puget Sound from Seattle, or you can join the crowd directly on Bainbridge Island.
Join us for the ride Bicycling Magazine named "one of four classic rides" in the nation. It's guaranteed to be hilly, probably chilly and always a heck of a lot of fun. So get the dust off your bike and get ready for cycling season early!
- A scenic cruise on a Washington State Ferry (Seattle start)
- Free food stop at Battle Point Park
- Supporting local Bainbridge charities
- Finish line festival with a fantastic chili feed benefiting a different Bainbridge Island nonprofit each year (additional cost)
Did you enjoy the bag drop last year? Amazon Outdoors team is once again volunteering to help you with your logistics, but please pay attention because we have changed the pick up spot for your bag!
Feedback was given in 2017 that folks wanted their clothes at the Finish Line in order to hang out longer. We have responded! All bags will be driven from the ferry to the Finish Line and only available for pick up outside of the Senior Center on Brien Dr. Please see the map below,
Who does your registration fee support?
Did you know that Chilly Hilly is a fundraiser? Your Chilly Hilly ride registration makes Washington a better place for people riding bikes:
- You are championing better and safer bicycle infrastructure.
- You are providing bicycle education programs for children, families, school groups and everyone else who wants to ride a bike.
- You are empowering youth from diverse communities through the Major Taylor Project.
- You are making it possible for Cascade to offer over 2,500 free group rides every year.
- Ultimately, you are getting more people on bikes.
Our events are made possible with support from the local communities through which we ride. In addition to supporting Cascade’s programs, your registration fee helps Cascade give back to these communities and the organizations that thrive there. We’re grateful for all their continued support.