Emerald Bike Ride PRESENTED BY KAISER PERMANENTE
Sunday, May 28, 2017
6 a.m. – 1 p.m. See road impact grid below for exact times we’ll be riding through your neighborhood.
Cascade Bicycle Club is excited to produce the second year of the Emerald Bike Ride presented by Kaiser Permanente. The 24-mile bike event for up to 10,000 participants is safe and accessible for families and new riders. It traverses routes not normally open for bicyclists: SR 520 (the world's longest floating bridge), the I-5 Express Lanes, and new this year the I-90 Express Lanes!
We are thrilled to be guests in neighborhoods around Seattle, and it’s important to us that we are communicating clearly with you, our neighbors.
What does the route mean for you?
- The ride will start and finish on Occidental Ave S just south of Safeco Field. The SR 520 bridge, I-5 Express Lanes, and I-90 Express Lanes will be completely closed to automobile traffic, as will Occidental between S Masachuttes St and Edgard Martinez Dr S. Other streets will be impacted only in the direction of rider travel with local access permitted.
- Your street may be impacted by heavy volumes of cyclists. See road impact grid below for a complete list of streets, times and direction of rider travel.
- Bus routes along the route may be affected. More information will be posted at bus stops and on the King County Metro alerts page several days prior to the event.
- We will leave your neighborhood as we found it: any litter will be picked up by our sweeps and roving course monitors.
- During the event hours, we expect between 8,000 - 10,000 riders on the course.
- Police and course monitors will be positioned along the route to assist drivers and riders.
Route and road closures
Detailed neighborhood maps
- Stadium District Close Up Map
- Downtown & International District Close Up Map
- University District Close Up Map
- Montlake Close Up Map
- Medina Close Up Map
- Bellevue Close Up Map
We value your support!
Want to ride? Register online here.
Prefer to volunteer along the route? Learn more at cascade.org/volunteer
Download the FREE Waze navigation app to help avoid road closures. Visit waze.com for more information!
Who does registration support?
The Emerald Bike Ride presented by Kaiser Permanente is a fundraiser for the Cascade Bicycle Club. Registration fees support Cascade’s education and advocacy programs, which help make bicycling safer and more accessible for kids, families and everyone else who wants to ride.
Contact us directly for more information on the ride or get help with alternate directions at [email protected] or (206) 522-3222. During the event we can be reached at 206-841-9665.