Free Group Rides
KEEPING RIDERS SAFE
- Advance registration required for all participants. If you decide not to ride, please click Cancel My Registration below to open space for others. (How to cancel)
- Attendance at the pre-ride safety briefing is required to participate in the ride.
- If you have tested positive for COVID or have been exposed to someone with COVID, follow the CDC quarantine and isolation guidelines. In general, if you have COVID or are displaying COVID symptoms, or if you are sick with the flu or a cold, you should not participate in group rides.
- Carry a face covering in case a business or public transit requires their use.
- Please, no spitting or “snot-rockets” while participating.
- A CPSC certified helmet is required to be worn to participate.
What is a Free Group Ride?
Our Free Group Rides range from leisurely 10-mile jaunts to 100-mile endurance rides. Our rides begin all over the Puget Sound region, and travel through many types of terrain and conditions, from city streets to dirt trails.
Cascade’s Free Group Ride Leaders developed our Ride SMART safety briefing. Learn how to Ride SMART!
Who can ride?
Everyone is welcome on Free Group Rides. Read more about joining us on a ride on our newcomer’s page.
What do I need to bring?
All rides are classified according to pace and other characteristics. To pick the right ride for your skills and energy level, review the guide to ride classifications. Riders should be able to ride within the pace indicated by the ride leader. If you are unsure of your ability to keep up, start with a slower-paced ride. You can always choose a faster ride next time.
What our riders have to say about Free Group Rides
“Great ride, motivating me to get off my butt when the inclination is to do otherwise” - Laura
“The ride was well paced. Lots of good view points and delicious pastries at Macrina Café. The ride leaders and sweeps were also excellent.” - Srinivas
“Good ride today. As well, excellent leadership as we had a couple of significant mechanicals during cold, wet weather. Particularly enjoyed the brisk pace as we "headed to the barn" - John
“Really enjoying this series! Love the challenges and you all are great to ride with. Looking forward to more fun down the road. Thanks to everyone, especially our terrific ride leaders!” - Brenda
“It was a great ride with a great group of people” - Johnny
More questions? Check out our Free Group Rides FAQ page or contact us!