F5 Networks Bike Everywhere Week 2020
Welcome to the hub for the F5 Networks Bike Everywhere Week presented by Cascade Bicycle Club!
F5 Networks Bike Everywhere Week is the time to support, encourage, and celebrate all things bicycling. Join us in proving that no one celebrates pedal power like Washington. Get ready for fall and winter riding with a host of virtual events and some in-person activities.
As details for dates/times/locations of events come in we will post them here. If you have an event you would like to host or share please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About F5 Networks Bike Everywhere Week
Join us and the League of American Bicyclists in celebrating bikes all week this September 21 to 27:
- The F5 Networks Bike Everywhere Weekend! September 26 and 27 get ready to celebrate Bike Everywhere Day for two days straight! In person activities, giveaways, DIY activities.
- We are also joining a week-long celebration of National Public Lands with our partners at Mountains to Sound Greenway.
- The theme for this year is trash! Pick it up and help keep our public lands healthy.
- If you'd like to create a work party or event on a public use trail by bike, please let us know and we will advertise it here.
- Cascade will be hosting virtual classes, seminars, and workshops about how to keep your bike rolling into fall. These include ask a mechanic sessions, and other fun programming. Details will be found here once dates and schedules are set!
The best way to celebrate F5 Networks Bike Everywhere Week is simply to get on a bike: ride to work, ride to the grocery store or just ride for the sheer joy of being outside soaking up the last rays of sun before autumn arrives in full!
So Get Rolling!
Whether you're a veteran cyclist, returning after a break from the bike or a brand new rider, F5 Networks Bike Everywhere Week is the best time of the year to get in the saddle. Keep riding with us year-round by joining us for our volunteer-led Free Group Rides, including virtual Zwift rides from the comfort of home.
Check out our community calendar for updated information on rides and other cycling events throughout the year.
Check out all the photos from past Cascade Bicycle Club events on our Flickr album.
Calendar of events
All week long, at your leisure
Family-friendly bike bingo cards! Get out and discover your neighborhood, enter to win prizes, have fun!
- Post pics of completing your "squares" with #WABikeEverywhere
- A chance to win Mighty O gift cards, CBC buffs, and more!
- BINGO CARD
Sani-Cycle Week! Organized by Cascade and Seattle Pedal Relief Project
- This is a week long community ride, scavenger hunt & donation drive of sanitary products to local food banks for our neighbors in need. From Monday September 21 to Sunday September 27, teams of 1 to 5 bikers will be delivering donated sanitary products from their communities to one of five local food banks in North, Central, South Seattle, and West Seattle while also completing fun challenges along the way. Riders are encouraged to reach out to their friends, family and neighbors to gather donations of these goods or purchase them during their normal grocery shopping hours and the drop-off days at the food banks are staggered to promote as much physical distancing as possible.
- Email email@example.com if you have any questions.
- Sani Cycle sign-up form
Monday, September 21
New to cycling- Lesson of the day: Basic Bike Fit!
Tuesday, September 22
12 p.m. Ask a Bike Mechanic with Stephen!
- Register here
- Zoom link will be sent closer to the date
- Any burning questions? Ask our awesome staffer Stephen!
- What's that creaking noise in my pedal? How do I know I have the best tire for my bike? What kind of fenders work best?
This is an open forum for folks to ask away.
Wednesday, September 23
12 p.m. Keep your bike rolling in the rain!- Live Class and Q&A with Amy!
- Register Here
- Join us via Zoom, Zoom link will be sent closer to the date, please register above.
6 p.m. New Ride Leader Informational Class via Zoom
- Have you always wondered what a Ride Leader is and what they do for the club? Have you participated in a Free Group Ride and had a great experience with a Ride leader before? Have you ever wondered about the process of becoming a Ride Leader or have you been on the fence about wanting to lead group rides of your own?
- Sign up here.
7 p.m. New Ride Leader Certification Class via Google Meets
- Continue your training to becoming a Ride Leader by attending a required certification class.
- Sign up here.
New to Cycling- Lesson of the day: Safety tips for Beginner Cyclists
Thursday, September 24
New to cycling- Lesson of the day: Starting and Stopping
Friday, September 25
New to cycling- Lesson of the day: Signaling
Saturday, September 26 and Sunday, September 27
Visit us on these Stay Healthy Streets between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. both days
- Rainier Playfield along the Stay Healthy Street
- Jefferson Park in Beacon Hill, where the Stay Healthy Street meets the park on the northern side
- Lake Washington Blvd (Ferdinand Boat Ramp)
- Seacrest Park (West Seattle)
Pick up some safety gear and great swag from our sponsors when you swing by our tables:
- F5 Networks travel sanitizers with rubber straps, perfect for attaching to your handlebars
- Washington State Potato Commission buffs and cooling towels
- Water bottles
- Free helmets and helmet fitting lessons
You can also take part in the following events by visiting our tabling locations:
- Join us in celebrating National Public Lands Day by helping us pick up trash! We will provide bags and gloves. Return bagged trash to the CBC tent or carry your bag to pick up at your favorite parks and parklets on your walk or bike ride home.
- Pick up a printed Bike Bingo Card to participate in Bike Bingo (or print your own from home)
- Voter registration materials and information will also be available. Be sure you are registered to vote and make bicycles count this November!