Bike Everywhere Month 2021
Welcome to the hub for the Bike Everywhere Month presented by Cascade Bicycle Club!
What is Bike Month?
Bike Everywhere Month is a time to support, encourage, and celebrate all things bicycling. Join us and the League of American Bicyclistsin proving that no one celebrates pedal power like Washington. Get ready for warm-weather riding with a host of virtual events and some in-person activities.
- Bike Everywhere Day is May 21, 2021. Keep scrolling to find a celebration station near you.
- The Bike Everywhere Challenge runs the whole month of May. Form a team and earn points while you ride.
- Cascade will be hosting virtual classes, seminars, and workshops about how to get rolling. Take a look at our calender for details.
The best way to celebrate Bike Everywhere Month is simply to get on a bike: ride to work, ride to the grocery store or just ride for the sheer joy of being outside and soaking in the sun after a long winter.
2021 Calendar of events
Highlights for 2021
- Start planning! Form a team and register for a local bike challenge like the Bike Everywhere Challenge. It's an online trip-tracking contest you can sign up solo for, or join with your coworkers and friends that will run throughout the month of May this year. Registration opens in April.
Bike Everywhere Month kicks off!
- Bike everywhere -- to work, school, your local coffee shop, the farmers market, the library, the playground, and to meet friends! Encourage others to join up with you, especially those who are new to cycling!
Tuesday, May 4
Join us for the annual Kaiser Permanente Bike Everywhere Breakfast, benefiting Cascade Bicycle Club.
Wednesday, May 5
Get started biking right, with a free virtual "Intro to Commuting" Class. Time TBD, Evening
Tuesday, May 11
Gain key self-sufficiency skills virtually, for free, in Cascade's "Maintenance for Every Commuter," Class. Time TBD, Evening
Thursday, May 20
Our marque virtual event for bike month, join us for a free screening of "All Bodies on Bikes" documentary followed by a Q&A with the film's stars and filmmakers!
Ride somewhere in-person, for Bike Everywhere Day! Visit Celebration Stations hosted in your community by bike! Or go for a socially distant roll!
Bike Everywhere Day
An all-day celebration on May 21, 2021!
To build a network of support and fun for the thousands of cyclists on Bike Everywhere Day, Cascade Bicycle Club and our local partners host dozens of celebration stations along major bike routes in the region. We've provided our station hosts with suggestions on how to host no-contact stations and we encourage everyone to follow local public health guidance.
Stop by and:
- Pick up a free souvenir (at select stations)
- Join Cascade Bicycle Club by signing up for a membership (Fremont area Station only).
- Take a selfie and share it on social media with the hashtag #WABikeEverywhere
- Enjoy socially distanced waves and smiles!
Check back to our 2021 map which updates every Friday
Host a Celebration Station
Who to Contact
Alex Comeau, Bike Month Program Lead
Contact me about: Most things Bike Month Related
Paul Tolmé, Content Strategy & Media Relations Manager
Contact me about: Press/media inquiries, as well as sponsorship, media, and marketing issues