Gig Harbor Tour Lite
May 14 - 16, 2021
Rider limit: 130
Tour leader: Marlene Druker
REGISTRATION ENTRY DATE PREMIUM MEMBER NON-MEMBER Members Registration March 30 - May 7, 2021 $175 -- Open Registration April 6 - May 7, 2021 $175 $200
- Registration closes at 11:59 p.m.
- No day-of-event registration. Register online in advance.
Enjoy three days of riding through lovely Gig Harbor in the South Puget Sound, just across the Tacoma Narrows Bridge from Tacoma. Gig Harbor, one of the "Gateways to the Olympic Peninsula", offers views of the harbor by the same name, Puget Sound, and Tahoma (Mt. Rainier).
Each day of the tour lite will begin and end at the Best Western Welsey Inn (see information under Lodging below). We'll explore Pierce and Kitsap Counties' corners, from scenic roads on the Kitsap Peninsula, along the Sound down to Steilacoom and take a ferry to Vashon Island.
Tour routes are subject to change up until the day of the event. Check out the Ride With GPS maps below to view elevation gain, rest stops, bathrooms, and more along the route. Wait to download these maps to your device until the day before the event.
Ride With GPS maps
Day 1 - Friday
From Gig Harbor, we'll head north on a clockwise loop of the green Kitsap Peninsula. Visiting Port Orchard, Manchester and Southworth.
- Route | 58 miles, 3,437 feet elevation | Port Orchard Loop
- Tour Rest stops | Water only at mile mark 23 and lunch stop at mile mark 30.
Day 2 - Saturday
From Gig Harbor, we'll head south over the Tacoma Narrows Bridge and explore scenic roads of Pierce County.
- Route | 55 miles, 3,220 feet elevation | University Place, Chambers Bay, Steilacoom, Ruston Way, Point Defiance Park and Tacoma.
- Tour Rest stops | Water only at mile mark 22 and lunch stop at mile mark 41.
Day 3 - Sunday
From Gig Harbor, we'll head north through scenic Olalla to the Southworth Ferry, take the ferry to the northern end of Vashon Island and ride south to the ferry that goes to Point Defiance. From there, we'll return to Gig Harbor via Tacoma and the Narrows Bridge.
- Route | 52 miles | 3,437 ft elevation gain | Route takes two ferries and visits Southworth, Vashon Island, Point Defiance and Tacoma.
- Tour Rest stops | Water only at mile mark 23 and lunch stop at mile mark 42.
What to Expect
This tour is a self guided and self paced tour. You can go at your own pace and stop and visit all the sites. The routes WILL NOT be marked, no signs or pavement markings. We will have maps and cue sheets available at the start of each day, but it is highly recommended that you download the Ride With GPS App and routes to your smart phone, or other navigation device (Garmin, wahoo, etc.). For route support services call the tour day of event hotline at (206) 841-9665.
This ride is fully supported. Riders may call the "day of event" hotline at (206) 841-9665 for support services between 7 a.m. and 2 p.m. Support vehicles may not be able to reach riders immediately, but no one will be left stranded.
Come prepared for typical spring weather in the mild, drizzly Pacific Northwest: lows in the 40s, highs in the 60s (Fahrenheit), with a chance of rain. Riding through scenic wooded roads will mean cool shade at various times of day. Layers and rain gear are recommended. Bring comfortable layers for hanging out in the harbor in the evening.
The tour rest stops will have drinks, ride snacks, fruit and sandwiches.
Riders are responsible for any other meals.
Check out the Gig Harbor Guide to waterfront dining options, westside restaurants, and where to quench your thirst.
- Tides Tavern: https://tidestavern.com/
- Netshed 9: https://www.netshed9.com/
- Morso: https://www.morsobistro.com/
- Millville Pizza: http://millvillepizzaco.com/index.html
- Susanne's Bakery: http://susannesbakery.net/index.html
- Brimstone: https://www.bbqbrimstone.com/
- Kimball Coffeehouse: https://www.kimballcoffeehouse.com/
- Gateway to India: https://gatewaytoindiarestaurant.com/
- Lunchbox Laboratory: https://www.lunchboxlab.com/
- The Hub: https://www.thehubgigharbor.com/
- Il Lucano Ristorante : https://illucanoristorante.com/
- Hy Iu Hee Hee: https://www.jpsbars.com/location/hy-iu-hee-hee/
- Moctezuma's Mexican Restaurant: https://www.moctezumas.com/
- Davenport: https://davenportcoffeeshop.com/
- Heritage Distilling Company Tasting Room: https://heritagedistilling.com/pages/waterfront
- 7 Seas: https://www.7seasbrewing.com/
- Wet Coast: http://www.wetcoastbrewing.com/
- Gig Harbor Brewing Company: http://gigharborbrewing.com/
- Olalla Valley Vineyard and Winery: https://www.olallawines.com/
Riders are responsible for booking their own lodging on this tour lite.
LOCAL BIKE RESOURCES