Transfer Policy for Cascade Rides
- Registrants may forfeit their registration (a “transfer”) to another rider of their choice.
- There is a nominal processing fee to transfer (may vary by event).
- Once a transfer is purchased, a transfer code is generated and emailed to the original registrant. This code is non-refundable and expires at the end of the online registration period if not redeemed.
- A purchased transfer code is not an active registration until redeemed. How to redeem details are listed below.
- The sale of a transfer code is considered a private transaction, and the Cascade Bicycle Club is not responsible for any issues as such.
- For applicable events that offer return transportation, we will also transfer your purchased return transportation ticket. This includes the bike/bus and bike only types. Upon request to have your registration transferred, we will automatically add this to your transfer order. After you complete your transfer purchase, we will send you your standard registration transfer code and a separate email containing a transfer code for the bus ticket.
- Registration add-ons such as packet mailing, parking, bike storage, bike box transport are non-transferrable and non-refundable.
Specific event transfer deadlines:
Up to 30 days before the ride or event, a registered rider may purchase to transfer their registration.
- Chilly Hilly - Thursday, Jan. 24, 2019
- Ride for Major Taylor - Wednesday, March 20, 2019
- Seattle Bike-n-Brews - Friday, April 5, 2019
- Emerald City Ride - Friday, April 26, 2019
- Flying Wheels - Wednesday, May 1, 2019
- Woodinville Wine Ride - Thursday, May 9, 2019
- Seattle to Portland (STP) - Thursday, June 13, 2019
- Seattle Night Ride - Wednesday, June 26, 2019
- High Pass Challenge - Friday, July 12, 2019
- RSVP - Tuesday, July 23, 2019
- Kitsap Color Classic - Thursday, August 22, 2019
*The redemption of a transferred registration must be completed prior to the online registration close date.
How to request a transfer code:
- Sign In to your online account
- Click "My Account" in the blue bar (top-right corner)
- Locate the activity in question (here you will see all upcoming rides/tours you have purchased)
- Click the "My Order" (across to the right of the applicable ride/tour)
- Click "Purchase Transfer" link (across to the right of the applicable registration)
- Click the red "Add to cart" box
- All transfer code requests are subject to a $10 processing fee
- You will receive the confirmation and transfer code in an automated email
How to redeem a transfer:
- Follow the link in the transfer code email to visit the ride registration page.
- Click the "Register Now" button.
- Proceed to check out your cart.
- IMPORTANT: Enter the transfer code the space provided for Coupon Code and apply it to your order.
- Verify that the transfer has been applied and that your order total has been reduced.
- Complete checkout.
A transfer is only valid if the receiving rider uses their own Cascade account to register normally, before the registration period closes, usually a week prior to the event. There are no day-of-event transfers. Riders registering with a transfer code are subject to the same terms and conditions as every Cascade rider and may purchase add-ons as desired, subject to availability.
Frequently asked questions - FAQ's
Q: I have purchased to transfer my registration, and now I have decided I would like to ride instead of transferring. Is this allowed?
A: Yes, you may use your transfer code to re-register for the event.
Q: I have purchased to transfer my registration, but I have misplaced the email which contains the transfer code. What should I do?
A: Please email email@example.com to obtain your purchased transfer code.
Q: I have purchased to transfer my registration, does Cascade Bicycle Club offer any facilitation on the transfer process?
A: The sale of a transfer code is considered a private transaction and Cascade Bicycle Club is not responsible for any transferring of funds. It is up to the registration provider and receiver to determine whether any personal compensation is exchanged. We recommend you use our Facebook page (event groups) as a way to connect with riders to sell your registration.
Q: How do I transfer just the return transportation ticket?
A: Follow steps 1-4 for requesting a transfer (listed above). Instead of selecting purchase transfer, you will click "Order transfer" link next to the return bus/bike or bike only ticket line item. Upon order completion, you will receive an email with details and transfer code. This transfer code can only be redeemed towards an item of the same type. For example, Seattle to Portland has three bus/bike return days (Saturday, Sunday, and Monday). A transferred return bus/bike transportation ticket code and be redeemed for any of the applicable return days. However, a transferred bike only ticket cannot be redeemed for a bus/bike return.