Ride Around Washington
22nd Annual Ride Around Washington
Chewelah, WA to Cheney, WA
Sunday, July 31 to Saturday, August 6, 2022
Ride Around Washington (RAW) 2022 celebrates our 22nd year with a route that brings us back to the beauty and splendor of one of our favorite outings. The six-day ride starts and ends in the town of Chewelah, northwest of Spokane, among the ponderosa pine trees. Riders will enjoy spectacular vistas through the Colville National Forest as we ride to Cheney on the first day.
Once in Cheney, we will explore two loops — into the Palouse on Day 2, and Day 3 through the Channeled Scablands. On Day 4 we ride back to Chewelah for two more loops. Day 5 heads north and west where we ride along the Columbia River to Kettle Falls then back south to camp. The Day 6 route climbs east over Flowery Trail Pass to loop through Usk and Cusick along the Pend Oreille River before vaulting back over the pass for an enjoyable downhill ride into Chewelah.
The route covers over 420 miles of roads and trails of Eastern Washington. With average daily climbing of around 3,600 feet per day, this is the perfect ride for bicyclists of all abilities. Special precautions are being taken for dealing with COVID-19. For safety’s sake, you will be able to drive your own car and park it for the week in Chewelah.
The ride is still fully supported. Riders will enjoy comprehensive safety-first on-road support, food and water stops, comfortable and scenic campsites, including the always wonderful shower truck with unlimited hot water, three meals a day, and luggage transportation between camping venues. The Cascade Bicycle Club and the RAW organizing committee invite you and your family and friends to join us on this spectacular ride this summer.
STATUS ENTRY PERIOD DEPOSIT BALANCE TOTAL Member Jan 11 - July 24, 2022 $400 $800 $1,200 Non-member Jan 11 - July 24, 2022 $400 $800 $1,200 Due on registration Due 6/1/2022
- A non-refundable deposit is required to reserve your spot on RAW
- Final payment add-on can be purchased during registration or by 5/1/2022. See instructions for paying your remaining balance (final payment).
- Registrants who register between June 2 and July 24 will pay the entire amount up front.
Final payment add-on collected by 6/1/2022.
- Three meals per day
- Daily ride support (rest and meal stops, mechanical services, vehicle support)
- Luggage transportation
- Organized camping locations
- Parking in Chewelah for the week ($20). Proceeds benefit local community.
Check out this video from RAW 2015, courtesy of Andrea Fox & Rhonda McKinney
Who does your registration support?
Did you know the Ride Around Washington supports our mission to improve lives through bicycling? Your RAW ride registration makes Washington a better place for people riding bikes:
- You are championing better and safer bicycle infrastructure.
- You are providing bicycle education programs for children, families, school groups and everyone else who wants to ride a bike.
- You are empowering youth from diverse communities through the Major Taylor Project.
- You are making it possible for Cascade to offer over 2,500 free group rides every year.
- Ultimately, you are getting more people on bikes.