RSVP Ride Details
Due to COVID-19 this event has officially been canceled. Please see our email to event registrants for details on donating or refunding your registration.
The safety of our riders, volunteers, and staff is our first priority and we have been given enough information to make this decision with confidence that it is the right one for all of our communities and partners.
See our COVID-19 resource page for more information on how to bike and recreate responsibly during the pandemic.
Cost: $160-$200 Rider Limit: 2,500
|RATE TIER||ENTRY DATE||PREMIUM MEMBER||NON-MEMBER|
|"Member Only" registration||1/14/20 - 2/3/20||$160||N/A|
|Registration||2/4/20 - 5/31/20||$160||$180|
|Late registration||6/1/20 - 8/9/20||$180||$200|
|Youth (ages 1-12) registration||1/14/20 - 8/9/20||$60||$65|
OPTIONAL REGISTRATION ADD-ONS
- Packet Mailing - ($10/packet) Save time and have your rider packet mailed
- Bus/Bike Return Transportation - ($75) Sunday return transportation to Seattle for you and your bike
- Bike Only Return Transportation - ($45) Return transportation to Seattle for your bike ONLY. Riders may transfer their Bike Only registration, follow the Facebook page to see if tickets become available.
- Event Parking - ($20) 3-day parking pass available if you plan to leave your vehicle at the start line
- Bike Box Transportation - ($20) One-way bike box transportation from Seattle (start line) to Vancouver, B.C. for riders flying out of Vancouver, B.C.
- Post Event Bike Storage - ($15 per day) Pre-paid bike storage if you are unable to pick your bike before the Sunday bike corral closure (UW parking lot E-18)
*Can be purchased during or after registration. NOTE: some add-ons have cutoff dates and are subject to availability
- Packet mailing ($10/packet)
- Packet pick-up at Cascade
- Packet pick-up at the start line
1. Packet Mailing ($10/packet)
- Packets are mailed to you approximately two weeks before the ride
- Ensure that your mailing address is listed correctly on your account to avoid delays
- If your packet was mailed and has not arrived by ride day, please check-in at our registration booth at the start line. We will be able to look up your registration and get you a replacement bib.
2. Packet Pick-up@ Cascade (FREE)
Wednesday, August 19 & Thursday, August 20, 2020 from 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
(Optional) Early bag drop is available on Thursday only during the packet pick-up event for $5 (per bag).
3. On the day of the ride at the start line (FREE)
For additional Rider Packet details and information CLICK HERE
Scholarships are available for RSVP registration. To request scholarship aid, please click here and complete the form. Scholarship application closes Wednesday, August 5, 2020.
University of Washington E-18 Parking Lot
Seattle, WA 98105
6:00 am - Lot opens. No overnight parking prior to the event
6:00 am - Packet pickup and luggage drop-off open
6:30*-7:30 am - Start line open
*Please note: sunrise is at 6:14 am, please be prepared with bike lights if starting early.
Attach a signed copy of the baggage waiver to each bag you will load onto the baggage trucks. The baggage waiver is included in your rider packet. It is your responsibility to make sure your baggage goes on the right truck. Check with the volunteers if you are unsure!
Just a few extra miles? No problem! The University of Washington is off of our gem of a trail, the Burke-Gilman Trail. You can get to the Burke from north/south/east or west. Exit the trail near the light rail station for an easy crossing of Montlake Boulevard.
Take Light rail
On the day of the event, trains will run every 15 minutes between 5- 6 a.m. and every 7 minutes between 6-8 a.m. Bicyclists are welcome to bring their bicycles onto Link trains to get to the RSVP start line at Husky Stadium. A maximum of four bicycles is allowed on each car. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
From I-5 N/S take the SR 520 exit #168B onto SR520, eastbound. Take the first exit off SR520 for Montlake Blvd E. At the light take a left onto Montlake Blvd E. Stay in the right lane as you go over the Montlake Bridge and pass Husky Stadium. The start line and drop off will be in the E18 parking lot on your right. You must enter the lot at the south end. Once in the lot follow the signs to either the drop-off area or overnight parking.
- Cost: $20 for a 3-day pass; must be purchased online with registration or from Cascade booth at the start line.
- Lot opens at 6:00 am
- Drop off is free
- Cars must be out by Sunday evening
- Parking in E-18 only, enter the parking lot on the South end via Wahkiakum Rd. If you run into a gate arm you are at the wrong entrance.
Please see the Mid-Ride lodging page for accommodation recommendations and details.
There is not an official midpoint location for RSVP, however, there are plenty of services available to riders in Bellingham. Baggage trucks drop luggage at three different locations. Bag shuttle service is available at an extra cost if you would like your bags transported to a different location. See the Mid-ride lodging page for details.
Back by popular demand, the expert massage therapists from Washington Sports Massage Team will be at the Days Inn in Bellingham from 1:00-8:00 pm to soothe your weary riding muscles. Massages are only $18 for a 15-minute massage (cash and credit accepted).
Mobile Massage Squad, a team of licensed massage therapists providing massage services to the Seattle Metro area and special events in the region will also be providing massages for the RSVP riders at Home2Suites by Hilton, Friday, August 23, 2019 from 1:00 pm - midnight.
There will be an official mid-ride party at Boundary Bay Brewery in Bellingham. They will be offering an onsite bike corral, bike repair station, and happy hour pricing for riders starting at 2:00 pm (show your rider bib to receive discounts).All proceeds from the bike parking go to Shifting Gears.
David Lam Park 1300 Pacific Blvd, Vancouver, BC Open: 1:00-6:00 pm Saturday
If you purchased return transportation load your bike from 4:00-6:00 pm on Saturday on Pacific Blvd. next to David Lam Park.
No bike loading options for Sunday.
Buses load Sunday, Aug 23, 2020
9:00 -10:00 am outside of David Lam Park on Pacific Blvd. Leave when full. The last bus leaves at 10:00 am so don't be late.
Bike Parking At Finish Line:
There will be a secure bike corral available during finish line hours of 1:00 - 6:00 pm, but no overnight storage.
***Do not leave bikes unlocked and unattended. Bike theft is high in Vancouver, BC. Do not leave bikes in or on top of your car overnight.***
University of Washington bike corral
- At same location as the start line in E-18 parking lot.
- Open 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday.
- After 4 p.m. on Sunday all remaining bikes will be taken to Cascade Bicycle Club offices and riders will be charged a $15 a day storage fee.
Showers will be available at Roundhouse Community Centre adjacent to David Lam Park until 6:00 pm (last shower at 5:45). There is a $5 charge to use the facilities (cash only in USD). Must bring your own towel and toiletries.
Family and friends are encouraged to join us at the finish line! Here is a MAP with more information on how loved ones can celebrate with you at the finish line. Parking is primarily on-street. The City of Vancouver uses the “Pay by Phone” app. The easiest way to pay for parking without Canadian currency is to set up the app up on your phone prior to arrival. More information can be found on the City of Vancouver website. There are also a few pay lots available. See the parking map for more details.
Food Trucks- Your food ticket is attached to your rider bib. Don't lose it as they are not replaceable!
RSVP Start/Finish Locations
Important customs information
U.S. citizens crossing from Canada into the United States via land travel need to present either:
- A passport, a passport card, a WHTI-compliant document, or
- An Enhanced Drivers' License
Canadian customs inadmissibility
Some people are inadmissible—they are not allowed to come to Canada. Several things can make you inadmissible, including involvement in criminal activity or organized crime and human rights violations. You can also be inadmissible for security, health or financial reasons.
If you have committed or been convicted of a criminal offense, you may not be allowed to enter Canada. For more details check out the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website.