Chilly Hilly Ride Details
Cost: $40-60 Rider Limit: 2,500
Online Registration Pricing
|RATE TIER||ENTRY DATE||BAINBRIDGE START||SEATTLE START (ferry ticket incl.)|
|Premium Member||July 1 - July 25, 2021||$40||$50|
|Premium Member - Youth (Ages 1-12)||July 1 - July 25, 2021||$15||$25|
|Non-Member||July 6 - July 25, 2021||$50||$60|
|Non-Member - Youth (Ages 1-12)||July 6 - July 25, 2021||$15||$25|
*You must have a Cascade.org account to register for this event. Cascade Bicycle Club Premium Members receive a discount on ride registration. Learn more about our premium membership options and benefits here.
- Online registration purchase includes FREE packet mailing.
- Registration is not available on the day of the ride. You must register in advance online by Sunday, July 25!
- Check that your mailing address is listed correctly on your online account to avoid any delays.
- If your packet has not arrived by event day, please check-in at your specified start line. We will look up your registration and get you a replacement.
Additional Registration Add-Ons
- Chilly Hilly 2021 T-shirt.
- Orders received before July 11 will arrive before the event.
- Orders made between July 12 and August 2 will be shipped the week of August 22 (3 weeks after the event)
- A limited amount of T-shirts will be available for purchase at the finish line in Winslow. Sizes are available on a first come, first served basis.
*Can be purchased during or after registration. NOTE: some add-ons have cutoff dates and are subject to availability
Scholarships are available for Chilly Hilly registration. To request scholarship aid, please click here and complete the form. The scholarship application closes Sunday, July 18, 2021.
Seattle Colman Dock Ferry Terminal
Official ferry times: 7:55, 8:55, & 9:35 a.m. ONLY
*Be in line 20 minutes prior to your desired ferry. The 7:55 ferry is the most crowded. If you do not like crowds, please choose a later ferry time.
Lost Packet Pickup
7:00 a.m. to 9:15 a.m
Want to head straight to the ferry? Be sure to register online so your packet can be mailed. Please adhere to the three official Chilly Hilly ferry times. All other ferries will require purchase of a ferry ticket.
Be aware that parking options may have changed from previous years due to waterfront developments. Please consider carpooling, transit or riding your bike to the start line if possible. In 2020 and 2021, several protected bike lanes were completed from Belltown, through downtown, and into the International District, making bike riding between parking and the docks more convenient. See the map here.
Check out the Downtown Seattle Parking map for pricing and hours. Street parking might be available, but please carefully check all parking and traffic signs.
- The Bainbridge Island Ferry departs from Colman Dock (Google Maps). Staging on ferry dock starts at 7 a.m.
- Riders enter the Chilly Hilly rider entrance at the toll booth #4 via the sidewalk on the west side of Alaskan Way. See WSDOT's updated map of pedestrian and bike access for entering and exiting the ferry.
- Riders will line up according to speed - Fast, Medium and Leisurely (slow).
- Riders MUST have their bibs visible in order to enter Chilly Hilly rider entrance.
There is no bag drop for the 2021 summer edition of the Chilly Hilly.
Lost Packet Pickup
Open: 7:30 am - 10:00 am
Bainbridge Island Senior Community Center
370 Brien Ave. SE,
Bainbridge Island, WA
*Route and service officially open at 8 a.m. Lost packet replacement will be available starting 7:30 a.m.
Bainbridge registration does not include ferry ticket. You will not be allowed access the ferry with a Bainbridge registration. The ferry fee is less expensive through Chilly Hilly registration than onsite at the ferry terminal. Please purchase accordingly.
- From the Kitsap: Hwy 305 S to Winslow Way, turn RIGHT on Winslow Way, LEFT on Bjune Dr SE, LEFT at Brien Dr SE (a one-way drive)
- From the Ferry: Turn LEFT on Winslow Way, LEFT on Bjune Dr SE, LEFT at Brien Dr SE (a one-way drive)
Do not park on Brien Dr. in Winslow. This is the finish line location.
Open: 8:30 am -2:00 pm
Battle Point Park, West Entrance on Battle Point Dr.
BI Rope Skippers – Will provide snacks, fruit and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
Open: 11:00 am - 3:00 p.m.
On Brien Drive in front of the senior center
Swing by the finish line to grab an ice cream bar or a dairy-free popiscle to cool off and celebrate.
For those of you returning to Seattle your fare is round-trip, so enjoy the finish line festival and return on whichever ferry you choose. Check Washington State Department of Transportation's sailing schedule online for updated ferry times.
[Information for 2021 incoming]