Safety and fun are a priority on all Free Group Rides! Families and minors are welcome to join us.
If you would like to bring your family on a Free Group Ride please contact the Ride Leader (you can find the ride leader’s contact info in the ride announcement on Cascade’s calendar) at least 24 hours before the ride start. The Ride Leader will be able to advise you if the route is suitable for minors.
Family oriented rides are held throughout the year. Look for rides with descriptions that say "family friendly" or search our calendar for Family / Kids rides. Kidical Mass and Spokespeople rides are a great example of family rides.
Want to see more family friendly rides? We are always looking for interested volunteers to help us grow our program. Consider becoming a ride leader.
Riding as a minor
Youth riders may join regular club rides under the following conditions.
Children 15 and under:
- Must have the permission of the ride leader at least 24 hours ahead of time. Ride leader contact information is displayed on each ride.
- Must submit a signed parental consent form to the ride leader prior to the ride start by email or at the start of the ride.
- Must be accompanied at all times by either their parent or legal guardian, or an adult designated as their guardian for the ride by their parent or legal guardian.
Youth 16 to 17:
- Must have permission from the Ride Leader at least 24 hours in advance. Ride leader contact information is displayed on each ride announcement.
- May ride without a parent or legal guardian if they have permission from the ride leader at least 24 hours in advance and have a signed parental consent form which must be given to the ride leader at the start of the ride.
Questions about riding with kids and youth? Contact us!