Bike Everywhere Month Calendar
Welcome to the month of all things pedal powered!
Check out the annual highlights below, and get a warm-up in with our year-round, volunteer-led Free Group Rides. For more bike-related events, visit our community calendar.
- Start planning! Form a team and register for a local bike challenge like the Bike Everywhere Challenge. It's an online trip-tracking contest you can sign up solo for, or join with your coworkers and friends that will run throughout the month of May this year. Registration opens in April.
- Sign up to host a Celebration Station on Bike Everywhere Day, Friday, May 21st!
- Attend a free bike commuting class and go on a free Cascade free group ride! See the calendar page for complete listings.
Bike Everywhere Month kicks off!
- Bike everywhere -- to work, school, your local coffee shop, the farmers market, the library, the playground, and to meet friends! Encourage others to join up with you, especially those who are new to cycling!
- Find free group rides, free classes, celebrations and other community events on cascade.org/calendar.
- Our annual Bike-N-Brews event is DIY through all of May, if you're looking for a ride near South Seattle!
All month long:
Why not sign up to volunteer and deliver food by bike with Seattle Pedaling Relief Project? It's a great way to ride your bike, and do more for your community!
Tuesday, May 4
Join us for the annual Kaiser Permanente Bike Everywhere Breakfast, benefiting Cascade Bicycle Club.
Thursday, May 6
Get started biking right, with a free virtual "Intro to Commuting" Class. Time 6 PM
Saturday, May 8 - Saturday, May 15
Support and join Peace Peloton; this week - like all weeks - is a great time to support your local Black communities, Black-owned businesses, and neighborhoods. If you are based around Seattle, join in on a Peace Peloton Fresh Air ride Saturday, May 8, or attend the Makers Market on Saturday, May 15. For folks in other parts of Washington, we encourage you to buy from local Black-owned businesses, and find ways to support your local BIPOC communities!
Tuesday, May 11
Gain key self-sufficiency skills virtually, for free, in Cascade's "Maintenance for Every Commuter," Class. Time 5:30 PM
Thursday, May 20
Our marque virtual event for bike month, join us for a free screening of "All Bodies on Bikes" documentary followed by a Q&A with the film's stars and filmmakers!
Friday, May 21: Collectively or Independently
Ride somewhere in-person, for Bike Everywhere Day! Visit Celebration Stations hosted in your community by bike! Or go for a socially distant roll!
Tuesday, May 25: Bicycle Advocacy Training
Take your passion for biking to the next level, and sign up for our Advocacy Leadership Institute (ALI). Learn skills and strategies to improve biking for everyone!
Keep the spirit of Bike Everywhere alive by joining new friends on rides around town. Join a Virtual Free Group Ride!