Chains and Derailleurs
This class is done for the season and will resume in February/March of 2023.
In the meantime you can check out these other great bike maintenance classes around Seattle:
Due to the nature of our maintenance classes (close proximity to others in an indoor environment), masks will be required.
In this hands-on class, you’ll learn the fundamentals of drivetrain and shifting mechanics. Our step-by-step instructions will help you get your bike to shift and pedal more smoothly. You’ll learn how to properly maintain and adjust your drivetrain and shifting system.
Learn how to:
- Identify the parts of your drivetrain
- Clean and lube your drivetrain
- Inspect your drivetrain for common wear patterns and know when to replace parts
- Adjust your front and rear derailleurs
- Troubleshoot shifting problems
- Small class size and low instructor to student ratios allow you to learn in a patient and supportive environment.
Class Size: minimum: 5, maximum: 8
Price: Member $45, Non-Member $50
Financial assistance is available HERE
Duration: 2.5 hours
How to prepare:
Bring your own standard (non-electric) bike as you will be working on your own bike.
Location: Cascade Bicycle Club, 7787 62nd Ave. NE Seattle, WA 98115. We are located right off of the Burke Gilman Trail at Magnuson Park.
Bike Parking: Bike racks available outside the building as well as limited indoor space.