Brake System Maintenance
ALL MAINTENANCE CLASSES ARE ON HOLD FOR 2021. WE PLAN TO OFFER THESE CLASSES AGAIN STARTING APRIL 2022.
With our current capacity we are prioritizing youth programming and very new riders. We appreciate your understanding! Here are some other great resources in the area for bike maintenance:
- Bike Works- an awesome bike non-profit located in Columbia City, currently offering in-person maintenance classes
- Sharing Wheels- a community bike shop in Everett offering great beginner maintenance classes
- The Bikery- a volunteer-run bike space where you can donate to use their fix-it stands and tools. Great for riders who would like to work on their own repairs but would like a guiding hand if they get stuck. :)
- Check out or Tips for Biking page that includes all of our favorite websites and videos for maintenance tips and tricks!
This is an essential class for all riders. Reliable braking and traction are crucial for safe riding. Learn how to prevent serious problems and make minor and major adjustments to any bike.
Learn how to:
- Identify your brake type and parts
- Inspect, clean, and replace your brake pads
- Adjust your front and rear brakes
- Small class size and low instructor to student ratio allow you to learn the specifics of your braking system.
Class Size: minimum: 5, maximum: 8
Price: member $40, non-member $45
Duration: 2.5 hours
How to prepare: Bring your own bike and parts as you will be practicing these techniques on your own bike. If you plan to replace your brake pads, be sure to bring new pads with you to class!
Location: Cascade Bicycle Club, 7787 62nd Ave. NE Seattle, WA 98115. We are located right off of the Burke Gilman Trail at Magnuson Park.
Bike Parking: Bike racks available outside the building as well as limited indoor space.
Other classes you may be interested in: Chains and Derailleurs; Disc Brakes, Wheels, and Tires; Fix-a-Flat; Maintenance for Every Rider; riding classes