ALL MAINTENANCE classes ARE ON HOLD FOR 2021. WE PLAN TO OFFER THESE CLASSES AGAIN STARTING APRIL 2022.
With our current capacity we are prioritizing youth programming and very new riders. We appreciate your understanding! Here are some other great resources in the area for bike maintenance:
- Bike Works- an awesome bike non-profit located in Columbia City, currently offering in-person maintenance classes
- Sharing Wheels- a community bike shop in Everett offering great beginner maintenance classes
- The Bikery- a volunteer-run bike space where you can donate to use their fix-it stands and tools. Great for riders who would like to work on their own repairs but would like a guiding hand if they get stuck. :)
- Check out or Tips for Biking page that includes all of our favorite websites and videos for maintenance tips and tricks!
Learn how to be self-sufficient and avoid delays by fixing your own flat. We’ll teach you which tools and supplies you’ll need to carry for a quick repair when you’re out on the road. We’ll send you home with a patch kit, tire levers, and the confidence to fix your own flat.
Learn how to:
- Prevent flats
- Inspect and inflate your tire
- Remove and install your front and rear wheels
- Diagnose the cause of your flat
- Patch a tube
- Install a new tube
This class is for any student who has never changed a flat before or for a student who has changed a flat but would like some more practice. Small class size and skilled instructors allow you to learn in a patient and supportive environment.
Class Size: minimum: 5, maximum: 8
Price: Premium Member $40, Non-Member $45
Duration: 2 hours
How to prepare: Bring your bike as you will be practicing changing a flat tire on your own bike.
Location: Cascade Bicycle Club, 7787 62nd Ave. NE Seattle, WA 98115. We are located right off of the Burke Gilman Trail at Magnuson Park.
Bike Parking: Bike racks available outside the building as well as limited indoor space.