1980s 21" Erickson Sport/Touring Bike.
Wheelbase is longer than a racing bike but shorter than a real touring bike. Top tube is long so that the rider is stretched out, which is Ideal for long-waisted riders. Comfortable Reynolds 531 frame.
Equipped 'old school' for simplicity and reliability on long loaded solo rides.
- bar-end shifters
- 36-spoke hand-built wheels (Mavic Rims, Shimano hubs)
- 5-speed freewheel (14-32)
- Dishless rear wheel (thanks to the 5-speed freewheel, means no broken spokes)
- Triple crank with half-step + granny gearing (28-40-44)
- Braze-ons for front and rear racks, and even for a generator light!
- Mix of components: mostly Shimano 600 and 105. Sun Tour rear shifter, Dia-Compe side pull brakes
- Crank Bros eggbeater pedals and cleat (also have the original pedals)
- Blackburn rear rack, Esge fenders
Due to the half-step + granny gearing, every combination is usable and unique except big-big and little-little.
Includes many extras if you want them: tools (freewheel remover, crank puller, etc), Park workstand, and a cheap Minoura wheel truing stand.
It hasn't been ridden recently so will need new tires, brake shoes, and lube.
See Craigslist for more pictures.
Price: $400 or best offer.
Cash only, local pickup only. Bike is in the Phinney Ridge neighborhood in Seattle.